No announcement yet.

My Perfect Dinner Guests Would Be.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Perfect Dinner Guests Would Be.....

If you could have anyone alive or dead at a dinner party who would you invite and why?
    • Sean Connery.... just so I could drool and listen to that voice!
    • Terry Pratchett....too many things from his books I would like to explore further.
    • Dr Magdi Yacoub.... this man is a genius! Pioneering heart surgeon.
    • Pat Phoenix...... I imagine her tales could be colourful.
    • Jamie Oliver.... he would be in the kitchen though.
    • Sir David Attenborough.... his travels would be worth listening to.
    • William Wallace..... his spirit and patriotism would be matched by Mr Connery.
    But my guests of honour would be.....
    Nan....just for one last time
    and my Daddy... just to be able to hear his voice just once
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

• Winston Chruchill - a legend one of my all time heroes.
    • Yoda - for his wit and wisdom.
    • Jamie Oliver - to cook dinner and chat
    • Debbie Harry - childhood crush and bet she has stories to tell, and good to look at too.
    • David Tennant - Doctor Who enough said.
    • Helen Mirren - A legend and would grace to the table, if not the Queen.
    • David Niven - suave and good for after dinner speaches.
    • Joanna Lumley - Poise and grace, beauty to any dinner table.
    • Scooby Doo - for the leftovers.
    • Wallace and Grommit - cheese and biscuits would be a blast.

Comment

Laurel & Hardy........... The Best
      Paul Merton...............The razor wit of the man
      Elvis Presley...............For my wife
      My bank manager........His meal would have arsenic in it !!
      All the members of this site..Imagine the good time we would have with our memories. No arsenic in your meals though

And...my guest of honour...
      My Son Martyn, who died 3 years ago age 18:cry:

If only all these were possible.

Buzz

Comment

i will take my hat off to that if only we could bring back the ones we loved and lost , such as my mum who died suddenly three and a half years ago whilst on holiday with my dad .

my guest list would be

1 princess diana ... she was lovely
        2 freddie mercury ...to sing in the background
        3 gill grisolm from csi ... i love his dry sense of humour
        4 jamie oliver ...too cook for us all
        5 my mums departed cat wellington .. to lick the plates
        6 sir frank wittle ..to discuss the jet engine invention
        7 my nan
        8 coleen nolan ...to erm give me dessert
        9 shrek
        10 donkey

Comment

Errrrrrrr Steve?...... why Shrek and the Donkey? and remind me not to accept dinner invitation if the cat cleans the plates!
          sigpic
          Mrs Oggy
          ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

well shrek and donkey make me laugh

and you save a fortune on washing up liquid he he

Comment

Hmm... perfect dinner guests... a tough one. My only special requirement would be that dinner would have to be served at breakfast time, because you'd need the rest of the day to allow everyone to relate the excellent after dinner stories!

David Niven - good call Oggy. Niven would be an excellent guest - polite, debonair and witty, with a treasure trove of stories both funny and thought provoking.
              Joan Bakewell - also known as 'Thinking Man's Crumpet' (a tag she got in the early 70s I think). She is smart, articulate and very attractive.
              Patrick Macnee - an old favourite of mine, the quintessential English gent. He would have to be in character as John Steed though.
              Diana Rigg - well I couldn't have one without the other!! As Mrs. Peel, dressed in that catsuit...
              Orson Welles - actor, director, bon viveur. Think of the many stories he would have at his disposal!! If he couldn't make it, I would accept Orson Cart, Kenny Everett's impersonation of Welles.
              Duchess Of Kent - One of my favourite royals (it's a very short list), she is genuinely interested in other people irrespective of their social status, compassionate, warm, just a wonderful human being. A role model for other royals if ever there was one.
              Cary Grant - smoother than silk, it would be a pleasure to see this man in action at a dinner table.
              Catherine Deneuve - what a beautiful woman. Elegance, feminine grace and class.
              Winston Churchill - another good call Oggy. With Churchill's vast knowledge of political events spanning the 20th century, once again he would serve as a veritable treasure trove of stories, though we would avoid discussing the Dardanelles at all costs.
              Cate Blanchett - extremely talented actress and gorgeous to boot. Very down to earth too and happy to talk about anything.
              Clive James - another perfect guest. Entertainingly witty, sharp as a pin, his insights and comments could spice up any conversation.
              Dorothy Parker - now there was a lady who could spice up a conversation. Would have to keep the drinks trolley a moderate distance away from her side of the table.

There's more I could add, but these people would be a good starting point.
              Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Wow Scouse that is some guest list there. You would probably need a whole weekend round the table to get to everyones stories! Leave a space at the table for me will you?
                sigpic
                Mrs Oggy
                ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

Yep good listing, and well thought out too, but Momma was telling me to have a dinner party, not a conference so had to curtail my own list. Well Dian Rigg, a dame and yummy, Cary Grant kool, and charm personified, beaten maybe only by David Niven, and Churchill a true legend, maybe Shakespeare should be on somebodies list, but me thinks that they may not be able to undestand what he was saying?

Comment

Another list for diner would be the ten incarnations of the Doctor, what conversations they could have, thats if he/they were a real person/persons, and would he/they class as split personalities, not sure about that one. Would be kool to listen in, arguments over dress sense alone, the sixth Doctor anyone, what was he on at the time? and the age of companions, and TARDIS decor too. I personally love the eigth Doctors take, massive gothic castle and library, kool.

Comment

Hi guys!!!

Right then...

1. Kate Bush - to look at, talk about her music and play footsie with me under the table! (yeh, I wish!)

2. Michael Caine - to tell me about what it was like making the Eagle Has Landed and Zulu!!!

3. Christopher Lee - Cause hes great!!!

4. Sean Connery - Cant believe I forgot him from my favorite Actors list...'surely some mistake miss moneypenny'...

5. Kenny Everett..comedy Genius and hed be a right laugh..R.I.P. Ken..

6. my wee niece Jennie, who died at age 11 with Cystic Fybrosis..not forgotten Darling..

7. Mussolini and possibly Alexei Sayle dressed as il Duce!!! Sayle for the Wacky Humour and Mussolini so id have someone to punch if I felt depressed!

8. Shane Mcgowan from the pogues (drink Trolley would be WELL away from him..but imagine the life stories that man could tell!!!

9. Carrie Fisher Dressed in her Jaba the hutt slave outfit, she would be forced to constantly deliver Quotes from star Wars for the other Guests.. hee hee..'help me obi Rab..youre my only hope'

10. Zoltan Hound of Dracula..to police things and Deal with Shane and mussolini if they got out of hand!!!!

Rachel Weiss, Gordon Ramsay, Betty Page and Sid James would wait the Tables!!!

all the best...

Rab ;0)

loved the other lists guys, some great guests there!! Can I come to your parties too? lol
                      Last edited by OrangeCremolaFoam; 14-12-2006, 11:28.

Comment

pull up a chair and join in

Comment

Oh my have we got time to sort one out before New Year?..Imagine that!
                          sigpic
                          Mrs Oggy
                          ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

Wow that would so darn kool, think we'd be all starstruck mind you.

Comment

My condolences on all the lovely people you've mentioned that have passed on from your lives. God rest. My choices :

Jesus - what was it that drove him to live and die like he did ( and we'd never run out of wine !) ?
                              John Lennon for both his imagination and non-conformity.
                              Bill Roache aka Corrie's Ken Barlow - I hate missing an episode.
                              Carol Vorderman, a sharp mathematical mind in attractive wrapping.
                              Charlotte Church for a song and the visual aspect.
                              Martin Luther King for his courage in such adversity.
                              Alex Ferguson ( tho I'll make sure Armchair Scouse isn't the cook !)
                              AND
                              The Kilkenny hurling team and managment. Think Freddy Flintoff after the Ashes last year and you'll have an idea what they mean to people in my neck of the woods.
                              Guests of honour : my parents. Of course.
                              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Working...
                              X