Any good horrors about robots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good horrors about robots?

naturally The Terminator (1984), is probably the definitive robot film, but are there any other good ones, preferably horrors?

Re: Any good horrors about robots?

Hardware?
    * Contains Spoilers *
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_%28film%29

Comment

One passed my mind,death machine.Not seen it myself but may be worth checking out on line to find out more of what its about.Two of my favourites are westworld and metropolis(1927).Neither are true horror as they are more in the sci fi camp but they do have elements of horror in them. Lots of cyborg films out there.

Hmmmm!......Demon seed.More of a computer with robotic parts dotted around.

Comment

Chopping Mall- that's about a group of tracked robotic security patrol robots that slaughter a group of mall workers having an out-of-ours party at the mall. Quite bloody too....

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
          Chopping Mall- that's about a group of tracked robotic security patrol robots that slaughter a group of mall workers having an out-of-ours party at the mall. Quite bloody too....
          yeah i forgot to say i've got Chopping Mall, yeah really like that one.

seen Westworld too, that was good.
          Last edited by Moondog; 17-05-2013, 23:11.

Comment

it sure is just saw it for the first time last night and yes quite gory even though the music in the backround sounds funny does not suit the film.

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

my only disappointment about Chopping Mall is there was no "chopping" in it at all lol, also the cover is a little misleading as there are no robots like that in the film lol

Comment

Some of the episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man and also The Bionic Woman are pretty scarey- they ran a lot of episodes about 'fembots', female androids who looked just like real live women that had been designed by a brilliant but mad scientist who wanted to dominate the world (or at least the USA). It's more sci-fi than horror, but it's still horrible when their faces come off and you see all this mass of electronics behind, with artificial eyes and a speaker for a mouth.
                (blooper here by the way- they'd need jaws to be able to talk and move their faces like normal people, and they had none! lol!)
                Westworld is a good one- there's also a pulp shlock / horror called 'Deadly Friend' made in '86 and directed by Wes Craven, about a teenage inventor who reanimates his murdered girlfriend by implanting a couple of microchips from his home-made robot into her brain (though it's only a couple of silicon chips that brings her back to life- she isn't a robot herself). It's a real third-rate crass movie, and I think it was intended by Craven to be a send-up of pulp horror, but there's a fair amount of gore in it.

Comment

Saturn 3?

Comment

Some more sci fi to check out.A.P.E.X which has robotic sterilisation units chasing after them,and one of my favourite robots gone bad is AMEE in the film red planet.

One film I must see and will do so soon is a sci fi/horror called Rottweiler.It's about a cyborg dog.Some scenes remind me of the robot/cyborgs in terminator but in dog form.

Comment

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Comment

Klaatu barada nikto

Comment

Originally posted by Trowa Barton View Post
                          Klaatu barada nikto

Wasn't the recent remake a right dreary affair?

Comment

Good call for Chopping Mall. It never takes itself too seriously and there's a great score from legendary movie music guru Chuck Cirino.

Hardware is also a superb robot movie.

Comment

Working...
                            X