Just bought a SNES ^_^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought a SNES ^_^

nah this my second SNES, i last had one back in 2000 or so, but i took it round to my sister's one day and left it there for months, and she ended up throwing it out cos she didn't think i'd still want an old console when i had a PS1 at the time, was total gutted.

this one along with all the games came to around the £200 mark.

Comment

Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are my current favourites. Earlier post about is true. I got my Chrono Trigger from Canada for £30 posted. And I need a US to PAL cart adaptor. I couldn't find Secret of Mana on cart at the time so got the ROM image to use with ZSNES on the PC.

Comment

thats pretty good for 2 hundred the games and the console for 60.
        thats like 11 quid per game.
        have you tried link to the past it does require patience as you need to solve puzzles etc.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
        nah this my second SNES, i last had one back in 2000 or so, but i took it round to my sister's one day and left it there for months, and she ended up throwing it out cos she didn't think i'd still want an old console when i had a PS1 at the time, was total gutted.

this one along with all the games came to around the £200 mark.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          have you tried link to the past it does require patience as you need to solve puzzles etc.
          yeah i've played Link to the Past a few times, just not sure if i want to buy it for the SNES though, cos i already own it for GBA.

Comment

So how is the snes working since you got it.
            here is part 1 of 3 of the differences between both versions mate.
            http://youtu.be/P7_1v2zG6G0

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
            yeah i've played Link to the Past a few times, just not sure if i want to buy it for the SNES though, cos i already own it for GBA.

Comment

it's working good, i occasionally have to blow in the carts lol, but not often

Comment

Still had a mint condition snes, along with an N64, psone, gamecube and megadrive, until a few months back - i had a massive clear out of most of my stuff - far too much, and needed to scale back - but I couldn't for the life of me sell it!

Nobody wanted them!

Tried websites, friends, even videogame shops - nobody seemed interested!

Had tons of mint cartridges too.

In the end, I gave some away - for free! - to a few mates, and the rest very reluctantly handed into charity shops.

I still regret getting rid of them, but I can't keep everything I ever own, much as I'd like to.

The Snes was an amazing console.
                AKA Teknomakrus: Maverick lone wolf renegade Electronic artist.

MUSIC: https://teknomakrus.bandcamp.com

MERCH: https://redbubble.com/people/Teknomakrus/

SOCIAL: https://twitter.com/teknomakrus

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv-HNyXRkMRgqMETQ9hAOHA

Comment

Still had a mint condition snes, along with an N64, psone, gamecube and megadrive, until a few months back - i had a massive clear out of most of my stuff - far too much, and needed to scale back - but I couldn't for the life of me sell it!
                  I wish I'd known this before, I've been thinking about starting a game blog, where I play all the classic consoles. Along with their best and worst games. This would have been perfect! Ah well. Still have me N64 so that's one classic sorted.

On that note actually, does anyone here have a blog? Not sure where to host mine as I have no clue about this kind of thing. I was thinking abot cheating and using http://website.1and1.co.uk as it seems pretty novice-friendly. Anyone here tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
                    does anyone here have a blog?
                    I use Blogspot, I think it might be called Blogger now.
                    It's pretty versatile & very user friendly.
                    Wordpress is fairly good too, but I would go with Blogspot/Blogger.

Comment

Yeah I had a couple of mates recommend me Blogger/Blogspot as well, seems a safe bet. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Bit late to this thread as I'm new here, but I saw the SNES bit in the title and had to have a read. Sammy,you've probably got sorted by now, but I've been using http://website.1and1.co.uk/create-personal-website and I quite like it. It's compatible with WP which makes it pretty handy.

If you've got the site up and running, or at least on the way, I'd love to see it.

Comment

snes is my next console to get sold all my consoles and regret it so i started back up again so snes is next then nearly got em all again
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

You already have the best three...the Super Star Wars trilogy. (I think these are actually among the best games ever made on any format).

My favourites when I had a SNES were:

Legend of the Mystical Ninja
                            Shadowrun
                            Legend of Zelda
                            Final Fight
                            Zombies ate my neighbours
                            Super Ghouls n Ghosts
                            Secret of Mana

I can recommend every one of them (though some may be rare now and quite expensive, I remember one or two of that list being rare even when the SNES was current!)

Comment

Oh, and Super Tennis, that was great fun!

Comment

i didnt so much sell mine its as a kid they got damaged etc.

but ive bought them all back plus a few i never had.
                                ones i had that i got again where the snes nes and rubber keyed speccy.

ones i never had that i have bought are the commdre 64 ad the commodre c64c an upgrade of the original bullnose.
                                upgraded one is far stronger.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                                snes is my next console to get sold all my consoles and regret it so i started back up again so snes is next then nearly got em all again

Comment

Working...
                                X