• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage Television sets

daz you need get with us hope you still not useing them
    lol

Originally posted by darren View Post
    ive a few of them mark.

two big bush tellies and a portable that has just one button the front it must be like at least 20 yrs old.
    ill never get shot of them.
    and they work perfectly.
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Most classic 1980s televisions have 7 segment LED displays for the channel number and a DIN socket for audio and video input with each manufacturer having a different pinout before OSD of the channel number and SCART sockets tookover.

Have you ever encountered rare pseudostereo televisions from the mid 1980s that have two speakers but no NICAM circuit? Philips, B&O, and Ferguson had them in their range and they only worked in stereo if connected to a stereo sound source, which at the time was only a video recorder or laserdisc player, although more recently they work in stereo if connected to a satellite of Freeview receiver. Otherwise it was mono sound in both speakers. I have wondered if they were mostly bought for their symmetrical appearance rather than their sound quality. Aftermarket NICAM circuits were available in the 1990s for Philips and B&O televisions that plugged into an empty slot on the mainboard.

Comment

Picked up this gorgeous 60s tv this week, the brand is 'Stella' and it has a 405/625 line switch on it. When the back came off it's obviously ex repair, as components were loose in it, so i've taken out the electronics that weren't holding the front buttons and knobs on and sawn off the end of the CRT so that I can put a flat back on and have it as a stylish prop TV.
        Attached Files
        www.palxbox.com my main project, collecting a full set of Xbox games and documenting them, ETA for completion of the site is 2025 mind!
        www.retrogameprices.co.uk my other project, collating prices that retro games sell for on eBay

Comment

Nice pics vintage.

Love seeing old tv.s and stuff.
          Never heard of stella tellies before.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Anything with a CRT is vintage now...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Sony Profeel component television system from the 1980s. Consists of a separate CRT monitor, PAL tuner, teletext decoder, and speakers. The PAL tuner can easily be replaced by a Freeview, satellite, or cable tuner to enable the Profeel to work in the digital age.

Attached Files

Comment

Nice tv ARRAN think i mite have had one.

Thats great as ive some old tellies and wondered could i watch digital channels on it.
                The aegon classic i see wimbledon warm up tournament for women.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Goodmans GDR11 Freeview box has an RF output so you can use it with a TV which doesn't have any other inputs.

Not sure if they are still available new but I'm sure there will be some on eBay.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The MULTI IN and MULTI OUT DIN sockets convey left and right audio, composite video, and remote control data. Their pins are wired to the BNC and RCA connectors next to them. Sony used MULTI sockets on several televisions and Betamax video recorders from the 1980s before they changed to using SCART.

Comment

My Grandad's 1980s Mitsubishi TV had 5 pin DIN connectors for the sound & BNC for the picture, though I don't think he ever connected anything to them.

Oddly it had both inputs & outputs, I can understand outputing sound to a stereo, but I'm not sure what a picture output would be used for.

Maybe to a video with no tuner?

Comment

I have come across a few of those Mitsubishis. The composite video out would have either been used to record programmes on a video recorder with no tuner or input to another TV or monitor with a composite video in. There were TVs used in schools with video in and out sockets that were connected in interesting ways.

Comment

A some early VCRs had 8 pin DIN connections for cameras, not sure if they were compatable with the system Arran has.

My parents had an Amstrad VCR with BNC (picture) & phono (sound) connectors for input / output which were hardly every used.

Comment

Video cameras used a 10 pin connector for VHS and a 14 pin connector for Sony Betamax.

Comment

OK I wasn't sure if there was a standard, one of my friends had a Panasonic VCR in the 1980s with a multipin connector for a camera.

Comment

Ferguson 3MC01D0 with a TX90 chassis. A table top sized television from the 1980s fitted with RGB and composite video inputs in the form of DIN sockets. It was primarily intended to be used with 8 bit computers, game consoles, and camcorders. The audio video input board is located in the bottom of the cabinet to the left of the mains transformer. The pinout of the DIN sockets is conveniently printed on the back of the cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                                X