The Match (ITV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Match (ITV)

Anyone remember prior to Satellite TV taking over coverage of England's top league, that ITV used to show full matches on Sunday afternoons? This might jog a few memories ...

Anyway, I was wondering is there any site out there that might list what particular fixtures/matches were actually shown by ITV? I'm specifically looking for what matches were shown in the 89-90 to 91-92 seasons.

Thanks.

Re: The Match (ITV)

I eventually found a good answer myself. I'll post a link here to help redirect in case anyone needs to find out the list of games.

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/series/20181

(I don't think it's a complete list btw, 89-90 for example is missing some games (Aston Villa 6-2 Everton comes to mind) but I think 1990-91 looks like almost all games are there.
    Last edited by Avahi1057; 01-06-2013, 15:23.

Comment

they did a live broadcast from (my team) millwall playing norwich a great game ended 3-2 to norwich ,they were 2-0 up after 5 minutes we got it back to 2-2 then norwich got a 90th minute winner . i was at the game so taped it had the vhs of it for years,i remember brian moore the commentator giving the man of the match to millwall player terry hurlock because he said jokingly(?) he thought it was the only way he could leave the ground alive after wed lost

Comment

I sort of recall this (would it be about 1988)?

If so this was before I was truly into Football as a 9/10/11 year old but I recall buying the Annual years later before highly probably donating it to a Charity Shop

80sChav

Comment

I remember this so well i had a feeling elton welsby presented it before i seen his name come up.

A time when top division matches where free yes free to watch.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember the first live game. Forest v Spurs.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I don't recall that but I do remember non-Premiership matches being shown by ITV then Channel 4 would show an Italian game...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Yes - Gerald Sinstadt, then elton welsby took over - black and white - usually cold, foggy, United or City games, everton, in the snow.......
                Great times, great football, - u could name the players 1 to 11, every team in the division one, in those days!!!

Used to be called Kick Off....and the Big Match was on sometimes as well- mainly London teams or lower division.

Do you remember Sportsnight - David Coleman would show highlights of games midweek. - Dark floodlit games - Cool

Comment

Is that George Best on camera duties ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X