Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Amicus Horror Movies

the sul from 62 is superb.

the skull is the actual skull of of the marquis de sade it has the power to influence you to do things.

for example it when in tyhe auction room makes two people bid like crazy for it.
    later in the film you hear the 2 fellas say how it made them bid more than they wanted.

it really is a scary film.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I am not a huge fan but I like the movie "Hammer"

Comment

I love Hammer, but I'll always have a soft spot for Amicus. Hammer films had a tendency to be rather po-faced, overly earnest affairs, whereas Amicus added an element of sly humour, with plenty of ironic twists - everyone got their just desserts in an Amicus film. If I had to choose a favourite, I'd say it's a toss-up between Asylum and Vault Of Horror.

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaGuy View Post
          I love Hammer, but I'll always have a soft spot for Amicus. Hammer films had a tendency to be rather po-faced, overly earnest affairs, whereas Amicus added an element of sly humour, with plenty of ironic twists - everyone got their just desserts in an Amicus film. If I had to choose a favourite, I'd say it's a toss-up between Asylum and Vault Of Horror.
          Having not been born in the fifties, I don't really remember the EC Tales From The Crypt comics, which spawned a lot of the horror stories which Amicus later adopted for their portmanteau movies. It wasn't until I saw Amicus's movie Tales From The Crypt that I got to know about all these wonderful, colourful horror comics. It was a great pity they were banned by the authorities in the mid-fifties, due to their being accused of promoting juvenile delinquency (utterly ridiculous!).

I don't really have a special fave Amicus portmanteau movie, as they were all good, However, if pushed, I suppose I would have to single out Tales From The Crypt and From Beyond The Grave as the two I found particularly enjoyable and memorable.
          Wirral Writer
          www.alantoner.com

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
            The Amicus anthology movies are an awesome slice of classic British horror.

Dr Terror's House of Horrors (1965)
            Torture Garden (1967)
            The House That Dripped Blood (1971)
            Tales from the Crypt (1972)
            Asylum (1972)
            From Beyond the Grave (1973)
            The Vault of Horror (1973)
            I've now finally upgraded from my VHS versions of the anthologies,
            Gonna have to have an all dayer when I can find some time.

Comment

some wot a films in there mate i love from beyond the grave great horror film it been ages since seen the others i think ill have to have a route throught the old dvd collection and dig few these out to watch think misses will have to go bed early that night lol

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
              I've now finally upgraded from my VHS versions of the anthologies,
              Gonna have to have an all dayer when I can find some time.
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Haa haa u never know I might surprise u and like them types of films lol x

Comment

Dout it they sick and actin is rubbish lol
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                  X