Did you never want to leave School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did you never want to leave School?

I missed primary school more than comprehensive.Funny thing is I only remember seeing about half a dozen girls that was in my class in comp.I went to an all girls school missed having boys around.

I always wondered what happened to them as there was no school reunion

Comment

wow an all girls school eh mate 3rs u did there just a guess yeah i suppose an all girls school has advantages and
      disadvantages.

i never really missed any of them but recently i was at my old primary school seeing the kids in there uniforms made me want to be them and its not because id be younger either..

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
      I missed primary school more than comprehensive.Funny thing is I only remember seeing about half a dozen girls that was in my class in comp.I went to an all girls school missed having boys around.

I always wondered what happened to them as there was no school reunion
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

No there was a lot of bitchy ness about especially round the age of 16,I would have much prefered to have been in a mixed sxhool

Comment

I didn't want to leave primary school, the final year was probably the happiest time I've ever had at school. I just didn't like the step up to secondary school at all.

Comment

I liked it at school even though like most kids I also wanted to leave & get a job. I reckon most of us want to leave school & then when we have left we miss it
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I terribly missed my books after the school final exam was over! That made me realize I never wanted to leave school. Such good days!

Comment

i can believe that for sure.

a girl i knew said the same thing as she went to an all girls school.

i always wanted to leave school hated it as i got such horrible abuse.
                strange tho id go back now as i was at my primary school a few yrs back.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                No there was a lot of bitchy ness about especially round the age of 16,I would have much prefered to have been in a mixed sxhool
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  I always wanted to leave and lad when i did but now id go back a few yrs ago i was at my primary school and i saw the kids and it made get a lump in my thrat that i wanted to be in there place.
                  It would have been the same for me Darren, no doubts

Though whatever way (I'm unsure which to view it as) is being a Kid is just that and it may always be thought of in such a way as childhood can be remembered!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    I was lead to beleive that friends made at secondary will be friends for life.But in reality they quickly dissapear when you leave or you yourself want nothing more to do with them.In my case I decided to turn my back on them as they were not what I could call true friends and looking back now they were the cause of so many problems I had at school.
                    Exactly the same here. I could not wait to leave school. The secondary school was the worst part of my life. We were told how good it would be there. The reality was the complete opposite. There was one or two who I wish I had kept in contact with. Has for the rest, good riddance. I still see a couple around, but they do not recognise me. I have a good chuckle to myself when I remember how good they thought they were. So good they thought they would become millionaires by the time they were 21. In reality all they now have is run-of-the-mill jobs. I met better more loyal friends when I started work.
                    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      i always wanted to leave school as my life there was a total nightmare.

but strangely looking back id like to go back as i recently visited my old primary school i saw the wee kids and suddenly i wanted to be there as a kid with them.
                      I have a postal vote for voting. This can be dropped off at any voting station in that voting area. This gives me the chance to view my old school, generally the infants. Several years ago, I dropped off my postal vote, and got into conversation with the voting staff. Telling them that this was my old school, I became aware that the caretaker was around. He came into the conversation. He then took me on a guided tour of my old junior school. WHAT MEMORIES CAME FLOODING BACK!!!!!!!!! A big surprise, the classroom doors were the same doors that were there then. The old PE equipment still the same, I recognised a scratch on one of the pieces. A pane of glass on one of the partitions to the hall still had a crack in the corner, again it had never been replaced. Many other things had changed, but there was still that atmosphere of a golden school day age. Even now when I'm passing, if the children are in the yard, I have a smile to myself and for one brief moment I'm back in those wonderful days.
                      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I always want get gone but now wish I was back tuns of holls and what I know now id change it and do the different approach
                        I drove past my old school the other day while doing a delievery took the short cut due to traffic not been that way for years and its gone just a field now and I never knew just shows how long it was since been that way
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                          I always want get gone but now wish I was back tuns of holls and what I know now id change it and do the different approach
                          I drove past my old school the other day while doing a delievery took the short cut due to traffic not been that way for years and its gone just a field now and I never knew just shows how long it was since been that way

True Xmark - escape the "stresses of life"! The world may be rougher now, but kids have it so so easy at school now - especialy with work (they are told just copy/research this or that) or if not they'll go on the internet or find somebody to do it for them.

Comment

Are sports and the social side of school the main defining factors whether adults look back to their school days of being a happy or unhappy time of their life? What about kids who are academically inclined but do not enjoy the social aspects of school or the school environment or PE lessons?

Comment

I loved primary school but I hated high school with a passion! Some of the kids in our school were monsters to each other. I can't say I made things easy for my teachers. I was a naughty little s@!t at the best of times back then. Surprisingly I did well in GCSE,s despite going AWOL (wagging at the Spanish city) for most of 4th year. I wouldn't do high school again but I wouldn't change it either. I married my best friend a month ago and going to school together played its part in our story.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelen View Post
                                I loved primary school but I hated high school with a passion! Some of the kids in our school were monsters to each other. I can't say I made things easy for my teachers. I was a naughty little s@!t at the best of times back then. Surprisingly I did well in GCSE,s despite going AWOL (wagging at the Spanish city) for most of 4th year. I wouldn't do high school again but I wouldn't change it either. I married my best friend a month ago and going to school together played its part in our story.
                                Sounds similar to my School days Littlelen. primary was awesome - but of course after primary you have to move on to Secondary/High school and "changes" at School etc

I would go back no doubts, but it is strange how at primary (I felt I wanted to be at Secondary and v versa) , though at Primary about 6 or 7 of us Lads where best mates - then it all fell a-part in First Year at High School and proved that things sure wasn't like at Primary!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X