The London Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The London Connection

Who remembers this 1979 Disney film starring Jeffrey Byron, Larry Cedar, Roy Kinnear, Lee Montague, Mona Wasbourne, David Kossoff, Frank Windsor, Walter Gotell, and Nigel Davenport. Directed by Robert Clouse.

"An exciting adventure begins for a young American government agent after he witnesses the kidnapping of a noted European scientist in London. The only item left behind in this startling incident is a gold ring, inscribed with an address, that leads the youth into a massive conspiracy of international proportions. A baffling series of clues and a high-speed boat chase in the Port Of London add up to a superlative Disney mystery thriller!"

I have this film on VHS and watched it the other day, The chase with the M reg MK1 Ford Transit, and the MK1 Granada and Consul L, great! The film also has a N reg Leyland Sherpa and L reg Bedford CF in it too.

I can't find it on DVD and its not been on the TV in years.

Re: The London Connection

Hi,
    Yes I actually saw this film in the cinema probably around that time, as part of a double bill with another Disney film, "Born to Run", an Australian-set racehorse drama. ( I've just checked that this film originally was released in 1975). The London Connection was quite good, remember the chase scenes, Disney seemed to make a lot of those "live action" flicks then. And double bills at the cinema were great, they should do more of them now! ( I saw this film at Movieland in Limerick, now no longer there.)

Comment

Re: The London Connection

I'm sure I watched this at school so was it part of the Children's Film Foundation stable? I remember it being featured on Michael Rodd's Screen Test.

Comment

Working...
      X