Clothes from the past you would not wear today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clothes from the past you would not wear today

Colours pop socks! Horrendous orange, pink, yellow knee high nylons cutting off your circulation..... And smock tops over jeans. Pop socks circa later 60s?anyone remember them? Smock tops maybe 71/72?

Comment

Probably wouldn't wear shell suits but I still wear Y-fronts today and actually have a pair from 1983!

Try looking at one of those Grattan catalogues to see just how bad 70s fashion was!

Comment

A pair of two tone loon trousers...yuk

snorkel parka ...awful

lumber jacket... always looked mucky

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
          Re: Clothes from the past you would not wear today

Shell suit. I had a lime-green, white and black one with BOSS printed in big letters on the trouser leg and astroworld letter printed on exclusive clothes from astroworld merch. And it was a fire hazard waiting to happen....

You must try these clothes again.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B1716FB3-6306-4931-B0D6-1A6D5113FD72.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	280819Kipper ties
            I used to have a pair of brogues that had a big wide toecap like clown shoes, they were awful.
            School uniform requirements were not too specific so fashion at the time could be vaguely followed
            black shoes, black trousers etc, so in the 70s , our shirt collars were as wide and pointy as possible and there was a fad where us boys wore flares with Bolero waists, the more buttons on the waistband, the cooler you were
            Last edited by Semi42; 08-01-2021, 11:19.

Comment

In the past I am really a big fan of the xxxtentacion.So,I have a lot's of comfortable revenge hoodies of their famous merch.But after the death of xxxtentacion my taste has been changed and I dont want that kind of clothes at that time.

Comment

I personally like old fashion.

Comment

Extra wide flared Jean's or trousers

Comment

I kind of liked the flares/bell bottoms, it looked a bit like people had melting candles for legs!

Do not miss what little I saw of platform shoes though.

If I had to choose between really large glasses or too tiny look-like-reading-glasses, I'll go for big goggles! Those tiny specs just make some folks look like they have swollen face.
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by emiliadavid View Post
                      I personally like old fashion.
                      You're not the only one.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                        I kind of liked the flares/bell bottoms, it looked a bit like people had melting candles for legs!

Do not miss what little I saw of platform shoes though.

If I had to choose between really large glasses or too tiny look-like-reading-glasses, I'll go for big goggles! Those tiny specs just make some folks look like they have swollen face.
                        Think I used to wear platform shoes sandals etc when I was 17&18

Comment

I had a pair of purpley-blue suede platform shoes. They were probably in fashion for a month in 1976 or something... I remember they seemed strange to walk in at first but then I got used to them, but I remember a relative having a car crash and saying it was the platform shoes that got her hitting the gas pedal harder than intended. I was always one of the youngest kids in my grade at school and the second smallest, so I guess trying to be taller, but then i shot up later and didn't need shoes like that!

I remember little white shell necklaces being a thing somewhere in the '70s, especially with a shark tooth pendant. Also mood rings; I had one, might be around and still work in a drawer someplace... it changed colour based on your body heat.
                          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Clones are clothing that you have multiples of.
                            Underwear and T-shirts are one thing, but seeing that you have six of the same floral dress should raise a red flag, particularly if you choose one or two of them heavily over the others. Arrange it all out and consider what made you think these bits were so different in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                            X