No announcement yet.

Best Computer Game..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably Speedball 2 on my Amiga. Overall game had to be Double Dragon, but could only play that in the arcade ( the Amiga version was OK, but not a patch on the coin-op ).

Comment

best game

Best game????? thats a tough one as there is so many. As Snakeystew said Kings bounty is great but one game that always sticks in my mind would be Bubble Bobble a classic or even Ghosts and Goblins

Comment

oh my gosh optimus...you did not say bubble bobble?!! lol My cousin and I played that game over 13 years ago and I still have all the cheat codes to it written down. We actually beat the game. Thanks for bringing back the memory
        I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

i cleared it as well childofthe80's took bloody ages lol i got it for my gba recently for a blast from the past.

Comment

my best games were paperboy and outrun!

Comment

Paperboy
              Wonderboy both on the C64

Comment

Well ... i am one of those who believe that games became better as time passes. No game of the 80s, or even 90s could deliver the online multiplayer action that many games offer today. And i believe that when more people simultaneously play a game, the game becames more fun to play.

But ... Today most games are the projects of many people, sometimes as many people as you would find in a movie cast. This fact makes them extremely expensive products, and so the companies who produce them seldom take risks anymore. So games today are the product of careful planning and checking what the "target group" wants etc.

So games have lost their "artistic" feeling. A feeling that existed when the maker of the game was 1 or 2 programmers, and when the game industry was still at its infancy

Comment

Track & Field on my C64

Comment

Battle Chess

Old mate of mine had Battle Chess on his primitive computer long before i got a one. Since purchasing a computer i have for many years tried to find a version of Battle Chess but with no success.
                    More info: The characters would fight with each other and kill each other when a peice took another. The graphics were excellent for the time approx: mid 80's. I did think it was great back then and would love to see if it was as good/better now with all the technology there is now.
                    Cheers

Comment

I had this game ( Battle Chess ) when i had a Amiga 500. You can download a emulator ( "Winuae" is the best amiga emulator ) and play the game there - im sure that you can find it somewhere

Comment

Anybody play Chaos on the spectrum? I still play that every now and again.

Comment

chaos engine on my Atari ST was probably the longest I have continually played a game for. It has to be one of the best games ever made, the bitmap brothers were bona fide geniuses !

Speedball was class as well though and Xenon.

Comment

Far Cry is a visually great, demanding multi level game. Fav are submarine simulations but not SH2 or SH3, both U Boat ones. Eagerly awaiting Silent Hunter 4 out in about 12 months time. Its US subs in the Pacific. SH2 had a mod adaptor which changed it from U Boat to US subs in Pacific but, although great fun, had loads of bugs.

Comment

i used to have dizzy on my commodore64 used to spend hours on it.also had manic miner another good game and i had a cartridge game for the commodore called flimbo's quest great game never seen since, anyone remember it or played it?
                              kernow bys vyken

Comment

It came from the desert on the Amiga-The one with giants ants & the hospital where you hid & got chased in a wheel chair.

Comment

Working...
                                X