Best Computer Game..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Computer Game..

(IMO) The best computer game of it's day would have to be King's Bounty. Absolutely awesome game. If you've never played it.. Why not?!

I loved Horace Goes Skiing on the ZX Spectrum
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I think the Wolfenstein, Doom series were the best games. I also think the Age of Empires series were the best games.

Comment

I loved Double Dragon and Winter Games on my Atari St.

Comment

Quality games, (although I personally preferred Summer Olympiad over Winter Games). Glad to see there were other Atari users, everyone I know got an Amiga instead

Comment

jet set willy on the spectrum
            what a game
            Last edited by xmark1234; 13-04-2005, 22:05.
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

My fave Spectrum game was one called Fred. You played an explorer and you had to make you way up this pyramid, collecting treasure and water and avoiding nasties, which increased every time u compleated a pyramid. Like you started off with ghosts, next pyramid would be ghosts and mummies, then ghosts, mummies and bats..etc, etc. I miss that game
              Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

MAZIACS on the speccy!!! great fun
                Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

Pyjamarama on speccy. Genuinely unhinged..

Comment

i used to hate waiting for the games to load, pretty flashing border with the awful sound.

Comment

Originally posted by dean80's
                      i used to hate waiting for the games to load, pretty flashing border with the awful sound.
                      Curiously, I never used to mind the loading... I just laid down on the bed and got lost in imagination for a while. Plus, watching the 'loading image' one line at a time was strangely interesting. ^^;

Now though, I can't stand games that (for example) have a 5 second loading time between rooms... I guess the best thing about the spectrum, was that once it had loaded, it didn't have a single pause throughout the rest of the game. ^_^

Comment

I think one of my fave games is Chuckie Egg. You had to run around, avoiding chickens, collecting eggs.

I've probably got about another 50 "faves" too.

Comment

Chuckie Egg was the first game I loaded on my brand new 5.25" floppy disk drive on my BBC microcomputer. It only took about 5 seconds to load compared to 2 minutes on the spectrum.
                          Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
                          http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Spectrum Game - 3D Deathchase

Modern game - Ico

Comment

ico was great. The are releasing a follow up to that game i hear

Comment

Working...
                              X