Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Columbo - One Original Detective

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
    What I remember about Columbo was the way he would put his hand to his forehead, turn to his suspect and say "Just one more question...", before delivering the verdict that would absolutely nail the guilty party.

Columbo's beaten up old car was a 1959 Peugeot 403 Convertible. An unusual choice, but I guess ideal for an unconventional detective.
    Yes I know also one episode where he visited a drop in centre,where a nun greeted him oh come on in from the cold sir,have some food with us and oh you could do with a new coat badly oh I think we might have one for you and just your size,she said all this before he could explain who he was,it was funny

Comment

Watched 2 episodes yesterday both with 2 british actors as the culprits
      Patrick Mccghogan
      Donald Pleasance according to the forecast heatwave in LA but columbo still had his mack and suit on

Comment

<3 <3 <3 Columbo
        Does anyone remember an episode with that guy from the Man from Uncle as the bad guy where they spent 75% of the episode wandering around small sailing boats? Columbo spent a full five minutes spelling things out with boat stencil letters. I think everyone involved in that episode was as high as the dickens.

Comment

If they ever rebooted Columbo, and let's face it they will, I'd put Mark Ruffalo's name on the table

Comment

Originally posted by 90s_kid View Post
            <3 <3 <3 Columbo
            Does anyone remember an episode with that guy from the Man from Uncle as the bad guy where they spent 75% of the episode wandering around small sailing boats? Columbo spent a full five minutes spelling things out with boat stencil letters. I think everyone involved in that episode was as high as the dickens.
            I remember seeing that one at least once.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by 90s_kid View Post
              <3 <3 <3 Columbo
              Oh Yes Robert Vaughan

Comment

On saturday we watched Columbo it was one of his earliest crimes probably 1968 he looked so young compared with what we are used to, his suit and mac looked brand new lol and his hair had been cut maybe it was his first ever episode.The intro was a phsycadelic theme and in technicolour,I hadnt seen this episode before,I hope they show more of the early ones it was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  On saturday we watched Columbo it was one of his earliest crimes probably 1968 he looked so young compared with what we are used to, his suit and mac looked brand new lol and his hair had been cut maybe it was his first ever episode.The intro was a phsycadelic theme and in technicolour,I hadnt seen this episode before,I hope they show more of the early ones it was really good.
                  It was the original pilot movie you saw: Prescription For Murder (1968).
                  Wirral Writer
                  www.alantoner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
                    It was the original pilot movie you saw: Prescription For Murder (1968).
                    Yes we read up about it last night,how he chose his own clothes for the programme

Comment

I don't think any other actor could match Peter Falk in the role of Columbo
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        Watched 2 episodes yesterday both with 2 british actors as the culprits
                        Patrick Mccghogan
                        Donald Pleasance according to the forecast heatwave in LA but columbo still had his mack and suit on
                        Mcgoohan was in a few episodes actually, other villains included Robert vaughn,Robert culp,ricardo mantalban,Jack cassidy,George wendt and George hamilton
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I adore Columbo.
                          The one episode that comes to mind is the one in which the villain leaves subliminal messages in a film.
                          Also, on occasions Columbo orders a mexican chilli. Thats it, I go to Tesco to purchase mexican chilli and crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                            I adore Columbo.
                            The one episode that comes to mind is the one in which the villain leaves subliminal messages in a film.
                            The one where the victim eats salty caviar, gets very thirsty, leaves the screening of some advert (with the subliminal message); the narrator plays a recording, so he can go out and shoot the victim, while people think he's still narrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                              The one where the victim eats salty caviar, gets very thirsty, leaves the screening of some advert (with the subliminal message); the narrator plays a recording, so he can go out and shoot the victim, while people think he's still narrating.
                              This was the episode with Robert culp as the killer. Has anybody noticed the running theme of "nick nack paddy wack" throughout the show? usuallly within the incidental music but often Columbo himself whistling it.
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                                I remember seeing that one a few times.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X