No announcement yet.

Who Was Your Dream Girl Of The 70s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who Was Your Dream Girl Of The 70s?

Thats a bit odd and really rather annoying as she actually only appears in the opening credits.

I actually watched the credits and i see what you mean.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    hi darren,

i don't think it was anouska or juliet. This girl, as far as i am aware, only appeared each week during the titles sequence of the show, while the theme music was still playing. Brett and danny are walking side-by-side and a bikini-clad girl is walking towards them. They move to let her pass between them and both turn to stare after her. She has a mediteranean look about her--maybe italian, greek or south of france--dark-haired and dusky. Perhaps a model or extra hired purely for that sequence.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've tried to find information on who she is for a while but with no luck. Probably a model/extra hired because she looked mighty fine in a bikini. Ah, well, no matter who she is, she still has the qualifications to be one of my 70s dream girls.

Comment

• Who Was Your Dream Girl Of The 70s?

Hi Darren,

I don't think it was Anouska or Juliet. This girl, as far as I am aware, only appeared each week during the titles sequence of the show, while the theme music was still playing. Brett and Danny are walking side-by-side and a bikini-clad girl is walking towards them. They move to let her pass between them and both turn to stare after her. She has a mediteranean look about her--maybe Italian, Greek or South of France--dark-haired and dusky. Perhaps a model or extra hired purely for that sequence.
        Have I just watched the wrong clip - I've just checked the opening sequence of The Persuaders and they do part to let a bikini -clad woman walk through but all we see is her trim figure in a purple bikini , waking away from us - plus she's blonde .. Clearly just an extra anyways
        Last edited by Zincubus; 17-03-2016, 18:20. Reason: ed

Comment

Hey, you're right. To be honest, I used to watch The Persuaders on a fuzzy B+W portable and her hair looked darker on it. Funny, though, I thought I'd seen her face somewhere. Am I misremembering? Easily done after not seeing it in 35+ years, I suppose. But even from the back she is quite a sight But, yes, she is doubtlessly an extra or possibly model.

Another few who I would put on my list:

Annette Andre--Jeannie from Randall and Hopkirk (deceased). Very attractive and no wonder Marty kept checking to see what she was up to.

Valerie Van Ost--she's the secretary in Satanic Rites of Dracula and gets staked after Chris Lee has fanged her

Caroline Munro--just gorgeous in those Lamb's Navy Rum adverts

Floella Benjamin--just a lovely girl and very exotic with those hair beads

Heather Menzies--Logan's Run TV series...no wonder Logan ran with her.

Comment

Louise Jameson--Leela from Dr. Who.
            Lesley Anne Down--try to catch her in an Out of the Unknown episode called 'To Lay a Ghost' Beautiful in a disturbing story.

Comment

Thought of more.
              Susan dey from the partridge family.

Valerie bertinelli look her up if u dont know her.

Comment

Sammie Winmill from the first series of The Tomorrow People

Attached Files
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Very nice indeed.

Ive not saw the tomorrow people so id not heard of her before.

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                  sammie winmill from the first series of the tomorrow people

Comment

Darren, Susan Day was a real babe--she's fab in a 1973 TV movie called Terror on the Beach.

A few more:

Fiona Richmond
                    Mary Millington--poor girl very sad end
                    The Baccara Girls

Comment

Louise Jameson--Leela from Dr. Who.
                      Lesley Anne Down--try to catch her in an Out of the Unknown episode called 'To Lay a Ghost' Beautiful in a disturbing story.
                      OMG ...... I started to watch Upstairs Downstairs when she was in that and I think my mum thought I was ill or something

Comment

Funny u should mention terror on the beach she was very young in that.
                        20 OR 21.
                        Love that film.

Very sad end to mm.

darren, susan day was a real babe--she's fab in a 1973 tv movie called terror on the beach.

A few more:

Fiona richmond
                        mary millington--poor girl very sad end
                        the baccara girls

Comment

Yes, really quite young. Dennis Weaver played her dad. A pretty good TV movie.

Comment

catherine bach, erin gray, debbie harry

Comment

Erin Gray was a cutie as Wilma Deering, but there was also Pamela Hensley, who played Princess Ardala. Buck was a lucky lad with those two after him.

Comment

Two others:

Anne Aston, best known as the scatter-brained hostess on The Golden Shot.

Anita Carey, probably best remembered for playing Pat Partington--later Brandon--on the first two series of I didn't know you Cared. I could never understand why Carter was so attracted to Linda Preston, when he had such a cutie as Anita Carey playing Pat. The actress who replace Carey--Liz Gooding I think--was okay but imo not as good in the role.

Comment

Working...
                                X