Major Matt Mason Astronaut Figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Matt Mason Astronaut Figure

Towards the late sixties, as a kid, I developed a big liking for the Action Man-like figure, Major Matt Mason, made by Mattel. Got virtually every accessory, plus his buddies Sgt Storm etc. Never managed to get his Space Station though, but hey ho.
    Wirral Writer
    www.alantoner.com

Re: Major Matt Mason Astronaut Figure

What used to really peeve me about the Matt Mason figure was the way his arms would "split" and reveal the broken wire that held the joints in place. That was the result of bending the limbs too much. God, you'd have thought they'd have made the figure more durable, wouldn't you?
    Wirral Writer
    www.alantoner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
      What used to really peeve me about the Matt Mason figure was the way his arms would "split" and reveal the broken wire that held the joints in place. That was the result of bending the limbs too much. God, you'd have thought they'd have made the figure more durable, wouldn't you?
      I completely agree WW. My mate had a Major Matt Mason that was very lightweight compared to ActionMan. He seemed to come apart ridiculously easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggandchips View Post
        I completely agree WW. My mate had a Major Matt Mason that was very lightweight compared to ActionMan. He seemed to come apart ridiculously easily.
        I totally agree. It's weakness was reminiscent of the old Subbuteo figures too, which seemed to bend and break at the slightest pressure.
        Wirral Writer
        www.alantoner.com

Comment

Never had MMM, but had his buddy Callisto

Comment

Had Major Matt Mason together with space sled and backpack. Once you got the lines with the backpack snagged it would never work again. I used to pit him against Zerak the Zeroid (remember them?) in daily battles.

Comment

Originally posted by londinius View Post
              Had Major Matt Mason together with space sled and backpack. Once you got the lines with the backpack snagged it would never work again. I used to pit him against Zerak the Zeroid (remember them?) in daily battles.
              I had Major Matt Mason too. Christmas '68 maybe '69 ? I don't recall many accessories coming with him, but do remember trying to send him down a line attached to the washing line post from my bedroom. I don't recall it ever working. Space toys were popular after the moon landings of course, but I got bored with MMM after a while and as some posters have said his arms and legs went all spongey, and I lost interest.

Comment

Working...
              X