Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your oldest working electrical appliance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your oldest working electrical appliance?

Mine is an Electra Dryer Deluxe tumble dryer made in 1977 by Hoover for the Electricity Board shops, a 1959 Hotpoint Gala convector heater and a 1970's Philips fan heater.

Re: Whats your oldest working electrical appliance?

A Matsui television. Bought in 1990 and still works perfectly. Needs to be connected to a freeview box now though.

Comment

I've a 1970s record player & amplifer which my Dad passed on to me.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

a sanyo vtc 5400 top loading betamax player absolute ton weight works great
        Last edited by darren; 27-07-2013, 23:55.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Microwave from 2000

Comment

My Atari 2600 games console

Comment

A Panasonic hifi unit from the late 80s, no ipods in my house
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I think in our house its the old chest freezer that nan had.I can remember this thing in her kitchen as far back as the mid 70's.There are a couple of vhs players from the 80's.Possibly there is something in the tool shed that only comes out once in a blue moon that may be older.

Comment

As an enthusiast of older equipment, too many individual items to list!

I have all manner of 1950's/1960's audio equipment - Amplifiers, record players, tape recorders, radios etc. Plenty of power tools such as drills, a router etc. of similar vintage as well. And being a telecoms man, all sorts of telephone equipment back to the 1930's.

Comment

all of my things are post-2000, which I am a little sad about really. Oldest in the family would be my dad's Grundig reel to reel from the late 60's.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

wow that is old, ive loads of other old electric working appliances like old games consoles snes,spectrum etc two TV's that work perfectly mst be around 30 yrs old each.
                      Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      all of my things are post-2000, which I am a little sad about really. Oldest in the family would be my dad's Grundig reel to reel from the late 60's.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

A NAD amplifier from 1988.

Comment

Nintendo NES & SNES consoles though I have given away the cartridges for both of them; also a reel to reel tape recorder
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

A Pye valve radio from the late 50s. Many ghettoblasters from the 80s. An old 1970s early CB radio set 23 channel AM (Cobra).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-T View Post
                              A Pye valve radio from the late 50s. Many ghettoblasters from the 80s. An old 1970s early CB radio set 23 channel AM (Cobra).
                              That remind me: I also have my first CB radio which is a two channel (Ch14 & Ch30) Alba handheld with a telescopic antenna
                              sigpic
                              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X