1980's murder drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980's murder drama

I'm trying to find details of a murder drama that I saw on a Sunday night on Anglia TV in December of 1983, 84, 85 or 1986. From what I remember it was about a man who comes home to find his wife's lover dead on the bed and then he see his wife dead by the back door. He's supported by I think her best friend who turns out to the the one who murdered them. For some reason it really scared me and I'd love to see it again if possible to see why. Tried looking up tv newspaper archives but can only see Scottish listings. Looked at Tales of the unexpected by none of the synopses seem to fit.

Also looking for an advert from unknown date where you see a group of people on an invisible vehicle being whisked through the countryside. They're just flying through the air. Can't remember what it was advertising but thought I'd ask if anyone remembers it or anything about it.

Thanks

Re: 1980's murder drama

i guess it's not 'Murder, She Wrote' or 'Miss Marple'?

Comment

I'm almost certain it was set in the UK so think it was a British production. Took me 2 hours to calm down after seeing it!

Comment

Sounds like one of the Ruth Rendell Mysteries, The Secret House of Death but I think this would have been in the 90s.

Comment

Yes it is similar but like you say was 90's. Also it was the husband who finds them and the friend was a brunette. Can't remember the actors names though, don't think they were well known. The dead wife was a blond if I remember rightly.

Comment

Just to update on this. I found the drama I was looking for. It was in an episode of a 4 part drama called a Married Man shown in 1983. Someone on another message board knew it and someone else said it was on YouTube so I saw it again. The 'not well known actor' was actually Anthony Hopkins but he was young then in my defense.....

Comment

Working...
            X