• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the damned

blimey i forgot i was on here
    The Damned

Comment

I saw the Damned on a pier at Colwyn Bay years ago,about 1979 i think.They were seriously good live.They have a forum were you can chat about them,called: Dmanednonsence.You will have to sign up and join Yuku first though.

Comment

Was listening to Machine Gun Etiquette just this morning Classic album

Comment

The Damned were one Damned good group. The intro to Neat Neat Neat is one of the best ever. Damned Damned Damned is still amazing, Brian James was so good. They ought to remix the whole of Music For Pleasure, another great album which was just poorly produced & never liked the cover much either unlike DDD - food fight anyone? You Know is is great with Lol Coxhill's sax, wish the end of that track was extended. MGE, never disappoints, Captain Sensible did excellent work taking over guitar. The Black Album had it's moments, but things sort of went downhill from there (for me anyway). Still got all the vinyl too, even Don't Cry Wolf/One Way to Love in Pink.
          Peace will only be when we are peaceful

Comment

Casey Chaos,the lead singer and founder of the L.A Band AMEN,was singing for The Damned for a while.The rumour was,that Dave Vanian had given up on The Damned,and was doing other projects.Casey learnt all the lyrics and sang in loads of gig rehersals for months and months with The Damned.Unfortunately for Casey,Dave changed his mind at the last minute and re-joined The Damned.If Casey had done his Damned Homework,he would have realized pretty early on,that The Damned always jerk yanks off with promises,then tell them to S** Off! to their faces.The Misfits travelling all the way to the U.K,and being told by Dave Vanian at his house door,that he has changed his mind and doesn't want them as a support band anymore,is a classic example of The Damned being horrible to yanks.
            The Damned without Dave Vanian would be pointless to my mind.

Here is the address to the damned site.My keyboards were running out of batteries,so part of the name didn't come out.I didn't notice.

http://damnednonsense.yuku.com/
            Last edited by moonvisage; 22-05-2011, 19:28.

Comment

Working...
            X