Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First film you remember seeing and where.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First film you remember seeing and where.

Either Bedknobs and Broomsticks or Mary Poppins, ABC Cinema in Dumfries. First "grown up" film was when Mum and Dad took me to see Jaws (same cinema). Plastic cartons of Kia Ora and Butterkist (rah rah rah). And adverts for Martini, Gordon's Gin and cigarettes.

Comment

For me it was Carry on Camping at Cirencester Regency with my Granny around the early 70's. I actually fell asleep through it but have often seen it on tv in recent times
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I have vague memories of going to see a film called When the North Wind Blows in the early 70's with my mum and brother - have no idea which cinema it was

the first film I clearly remember going to see was Spiderman (1977) at the ABC in Northampton
        Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

This is a picture of the Odeon in Southend, where I first saw Star Wars in 1978. It was the first time I ever saw the queue go round the corner!

The queue picture is from the early 80s as BMX Bandits and the Trilogy is on. Yes, my mum still sends me paper cuttings in the post from back home.

Comment

Seeing that big screen for the first time blew me away as a young kid early 60s in the regal in Boston watching Petticoat Pirates starring Charlie Drake, i was hooked on movies, started going to the odeon on Saturday mornings, the place used to be packed upstairs and down everyone eagerly waiting for the serial followed by the film.
            Late 60s came a move to Holbeach which had a small independent flea pit, but nice cinema called the Hippodrome where i saw my first x cert' film Dr terrors house of horrors along side a B picture whose name i can't remember.
            Films were changed every couple of days and Sundays were for one night only, i would go 2 or 3 times a week sitting in the 1 schilling and sixpence seats watching everything from the death curse of tartu, to Mondo Cane and ofcourse every Hammer film to hit the screen, first glimpse of the female form in Barbarella, Girl on a motorcycle and something filmed in a nudist colony stuck in my mind for a long time! Sad to say the old Hippodrome is today a supermarket,sniff.

Comment

rocky 4 at the cinema called abc I remember it was so packed not like today
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                rocky 4 at the cinema called abc I remember it was so packed not like today
                No wonder. The last time I went to the pictures, it cost nearly a tenner!

Comment

Blimey, child's rates? How did you get it so cheap?
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

"Diamonds are Forever" with my father & cousin (now both deceased) at the ABC cinema in Rutherglen Main Street, Glasgow in nineteen seventy or thereabouts. Didn't think much of the film and saw it recently on TV ......still don't like it! Shirley Bassey is the best thing about the film!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      Blimey, child's rates? How did you get it so cheap?
                      I guess that was cheap. I remember paying 14 quid to see Die Another Day at Odeon Leicester Square back in 2002.

I haven't been back since...

Comment

Wonderful memory there mate.

Werll remembered.
                        Bet it was packed out.

It was released 1971..

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                        "diamonds are forever" with my father & cousin (now both deceased) at the abc cinema in rutherglen main street, glasgow in nineteen seventy or thereabouts. Didn't think much of the film and saw it recently on tv ......still don't like it! Shirley bassey is the best thing about the film!
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I will say going pictures now is so expensive but I take kids on a sunday to the vue for kids am only 1.75 each they love it and been some good films bargain lol
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                            I will say going pictures now is so expensive but I take kids on a sunday to the vue for kids am only 1.75 each they love it and been some good films bargain lol
                            Going back to around 2000 before Odeons started to close,you could see a film for a quid on saturday mornings

Comment

I tend to go around 11pm on a Saturday night. That way my pal can put his kids to bed beforehand, and we can avoid all the idiots talking and playing with their mobiles!

Comment

First was likely among the Disney shows and not sure, the initial wonderful one would become Entire world on the Apes.

Comment

Working...
                                X