Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First film you remember seeing and where.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First film you remember seeing and where.

Return of the Pink Panther in 1978 at the Odeon in Glasgow.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was When The North Wind Blows with my parents at my local cinema. It'd about an old trapper who lives as a mountain hermit in Alaska with his friends, two orphaned snow tigers. I must have been 5 at the time it was released.

Comment

First film at the piccies was cinderella around 1974 / 5.

Comment

Not sure if I've already said this...

The Wizard Of Oz near where I lived, in Wembley (the cinema is no longer there, of course...)
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Who framed Roger Rabbit at the UCI at the Metrocentre.
            Jeep Swenson January 5th 1957 - August 18 1997.

Comment

Not precisely sure which was the first film I ever saw. It would have been at my Masonic-run boarding school on the outskirts of Sydney. It was either The Vikings with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis or a film about Genghis Khan with the unlikely Mongol you will ever find in John Wayne. May have been titled The Conqueror?

Comment

One of the first flicks i recall was the Hitchcock classic PSYCHO. That shower scene scared the bejesus out of me. It still does.. the shrilling violin score as the knife is thrust into Marion Crane's body. Goose bump stuff.
                I found this online.
                https://youtu.be/0WtDmbr9xyY
                Last edited by Donald the Great; 27-08-2018, 03:51.

Comment

"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", about 1979, at the Curzon cinema, Eastbourne. The second film I saw was "ET" (was it 1981?) at the ABC, also Eastbourne.

Comment

My local cinema (The Carlton in Salford) was the scene of most of my cinematic firsts. First movie was Herbie rides again for my 7th birthday. First date (Jaws 2), first AA, The Incredible melting man and first cert X, Monty Pythons meaning of life when I was 16. I spent a lot of time there during my childhood. Sadly the cinema is no longer there. Great memories though.
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                      My local cinema (The Carlton in Salford) was the scene of most of my cinematic firsts. First movie was Herbie rides again for my 7th birthday. First date (Jaws 2), first AA, The Incredible melting man and first cert X, Monty Pythons meaning of life when I was 16. I spent a lot of time there during my childhood. Sadly the cinema is no longer there. Great memories though.
                      Hey Branny! seems we are neighbours, i live in swinton and used to go to the carlton all the time....Cross lane right?
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                        Hey Branny! seems we are neighbours, i live in swinton and used to go to the carlton all the time....Cross lane right?
                        Yes that's right Tex. I lived off Eccles New Rd until the late 70s and used to go regularly, especially in the school holidays. My final visit was the meaning of life in 1983. I 'd always wondered what studio 2 was like and finally got to see. I'm not far from you. Lived in Pendlebury for 16 years.

Comment

Yes that's right Tex. I lived off Eccles New Rd until the late 70s and used to go regularly, especially in the school holidays. My final visit was the meaning of life in 1983. I 'd always wondered what studio 2 was like and finally got to see. I'm not far from you. Lived in Pendlebury for 16 years.
                          Me too!...West ashton st, Remember it?....We were moved to Broadway when the streets were demolished. As well as going to the Carlton we would go to the ABC in Eccles, did you ever go?

Comment

Me too!...West ashton st, Remember it?....We were moved to Broadway when the streets were demolished. As well as going to the Carlton we would go to the ABC in Eccles, did you ever go?
                            West Ashton St was the one that ran across the top of Zion St and Zacariah St wasn't it?

I must admit I don't remember the ABC in Eccles. I went to the Princes in Monton a couple of times but other than that it was the Carlton or the cinemas in the City centre at the time.

Comment

West Ashton St was the one that ran across the top of Zion St and Zacariah St wasn't it?

I must admit I don't remember the ABC in Eccles. I went to the Princes in Monton a couple of times but other than that it was the Carlton or the cinemas in the City centre at the time.
                              Yeah, ofcourse the Princess was a good cinema, i think the ABC closed in the late 70s. West ashton st was off montford st and south ann st, opposite the old railway footbridge

Comment

Yeah, ofcourse the Princess was a good cinema, i think the ABC closed in the late 70s. West ashton st was off montford st and south ann st, opposite the old railway footbridge
                                Oh yes, West Ashton St was the other end of Montford. The street i was thinking of was West Clowes. I lived off Montford myself, School St.

Comment

Working...
                                X