Amstrad music systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amstrad music systems

Did anyone have an Amstrad music system? Tuner, Amp & Cassette deck? All very smart. Mine broke down so took it to Tottenham (I think) to their factory. Wasn't impressed with the factory or the working conditions, but the thing worked when I got it back.

Re: Amstrad music systems

Still got one bought from Fine Fair around early eighty's still works, (I think) it now lives in the loft.

Comment

My Gran had a quite good Hi-fi from Amstrad from the mid 1980s to the late 1990s.

Almost everything operated by remote control, including the turntable.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Never rated their music systems AT ALL - but the Amstrad 901 CB was very good.

Comment

My parents bought me an Amstrad Music Centre for my 21st birthday in the early 80s from Woolies. We had it up until a few years ago. I remember it had little graphs of frequency response on the front of it. I had some good times with that thing over many years.

Comment

I went to Engineering Training College round the corner from their factory in Shoebury back in the late 80s.

They always seemed to be known for being a bit "cheaply made" so I had a Panasonic Midi system instead that had a tape to tape deck which copied Spectrum and C64 games, the latter being the harder of the two to find a system that could do it.
            I did have an Amstrad CPC464 for a bit in the 90s but gave that away.

Comment

heres an old amstrad music system.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

That's a bit like my Gran's but with twin tape decks & a fancier graphic equaliser.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My brother had an Amstrad amp - anything was better than my music centre!
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I bought a three pronged alloy turntable decades ago - looked extremely unusual and sounded fantastic

Comment

Mine had the twin cassette decks and little lights to show the recording level.

Comment

Can't seem to find any pictures of it at all but here's a video I found of the RP 33 like the one I had:

Comment

Absolute garbage Lord Sugar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                            Absolute garbage Lord Sugar!
                            Na ...not everything

My turntable from about 35 years ago was tremendous !

Comment

Working...
                            X