Pot Noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pot Noodles

I bought a Pot Noodle last year for the first time in at least 30 years. What was I thinking? Tasted as disgusting as ever.

Comment

Somehow my Mum was talked into buying PN's when I was a college & often had lunch at home.

Very nice with Seabrook Salt & Vinagar crisps dunked it!

My Mum didn't like them as she reckoned they looked like warmed up sick!
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Pot noodles were something I wasn't allowed as a child but they must have been heavily advertised for me to want them so badly. I do remember looking at the pots in the supermarket like they were something amazing. I was disappointed when I finally got to try one years later.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I've been reading right through this thread and I see it wandered off to apple sauce at one point.

My parents always used the little tins of Heinz apple sauce with pork. Not sure if you can get it any more. The only reference I can find is the image below. It was very sweet and smooth and I do wonder if it was identical to the baby apple sauce. Nowadays they use big jars of lumpy Bramley apple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	260524
          1976 Vintage

Comment

There is a Chinese market where I live ( Castalla in Spain ) and they have their own versions of Pot Noodle..... Duck in plum sauce..... Chinese Roast Pork...... Beef in sweet soy sauce etc all are absolutely wonderful. Don't know if they sell them in UK but well worth trying if you see them !!

Comment

I did wonder if instant noodles started in the far east.

Can you still get Cup Noodles, that had some crazy ads?
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X