more new laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: more new laws

Slightly off topic, but did you see that guy that worked out how to stop traffic jams by purposefully driving slower? It didn't add any time to his journey. He basically made sure there was 2 or 3 car lengths in front of him or something like that, and allowed people to cut in. It's an interesting watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGFqfTCL2fs

Comment

Slightly off topic yesterday as I was driving along the dual carriageway I was doing 50 this banged up old golf came from nowhere to fly pass me but was then held back by a van because he couldnt overtake because of coming traffic,the lights had turned red so I was waiting next to this idiot,I happened to turn to take a look he was full of tatoos even on the neck I thought typical say no more I hate drivers like that they could easily kill someone that was one I would love to see off the road they dont deserve to be behind the wheel,I would have loved to be a policewoman for that moment just to have him for dangerous driving

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Slightly off topic, but did you see that guy that worked out how to stop traffic jams by purposefully driving slower? It didn't add any time to his journey.
        Some people just can't seem to accept that flying around like crazy isn't going to make a huge difference. About 20 years ago I was living in Lincolnshire and making fairly frequent trips down to London on the A1. I was generally quite happy to cruise along steadily at 60-65 mph most of the way. There would always be those who would tailgate then fly past, slam their brakes on, etc. Not only would they be using more fuel than necessary and putting more wear on their tyres and brakes, not to mention annoying everybody else on the road, but it didn't really get them much farther ahead. Nine times out of ten I'd pull up either alongside or at most a few cars back at the next roundabout.

Comment

Originally posted by PC66 View Post
          Some people just can't seem to accept that flying around like crazy isn't going to make a huge difference. About 20 years ago I was living in Lincolnshire and making fairly frequent trips down to London on the A1. I was generally quite happy to cruise along steadily at 60-65 mph most of the way. There would always be those who would tailgate then fly past, slam their brakes on, etc. Not only would they be using more fuel than necessary and putting more wear on their tyres and brakes, not to mention annoying everybody else on the road, but it didn't really get them much farther ahead. Nine times out of ten I'd pull up either alongside or at most a few cars back at the next roundabout.
          I cannot abide them,they think that their so clever when they rev pass you,but not so clever when someone holds them up in front.

Comment

I have seen someone come out of a diy store with fence panels on the top of the car,the driver and passenger holding on to them,yes driving a car whilst hanging onto fence panels people do some dangerous crazy things.Rolls of carpet sticking out of the back of their cars too mean to have them delivered and fitted

Comment

and generally they wont get where they are going any quicker than you will.
              quickler you go more fuel you use.

all cars should have something in them a tracking device so when they go to fast its an aotomatic fine.
              make this law.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              I cannot abide them,they think that their so clever when they rev pass you,but not so clever when someone holds them up in front.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I read yesterday that there are 4 million motorists over 70 in the UK.There is one at 107 whom still holds a driving licence

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  all cars should have something in them a tracking device so when they go to fast its an aotomatic fine.
                  make this law.
                  Don't you think it's bad enough with the automated cameras everywhere now, which apply no discretion? Would you really want such an intrusive level of enforcement? And bearing in mind the government's track record with things like this, how long do you think it would be before we'd have a lot of people fighting against unfairly issued tickets because something went wrong?

On a slightly different approach, the EU already has proposals kicking around for new cars to be fitted with speed limiters linked to a database of roads to prevent the vehicle exceeding the speed limit on any given road.

But with either approach, it still wouldn't stop inappropriate speed which is within the designated limit.

Comment

i see what you mean but id do away with cameras i think they are worse than my suggestion.
                    and i think my suggestion would be cheaper to do.
                    just fit a very simple cheap device to each car.

or if a car goes too fast say over 40 where the limit is forty the car comes to an immediate halt but make that say an extra 3 or 4 mph is acceptable.

but anything over five mph more than the limit states will be unacceptable.

Originally posted by PC66 View Post
                    Don't you think it's bad enough with the automated cameras everywhere now, which apply no discretion? Would you really want such an intrusive level of enforcement? And bearing in mind the government's track record with things like this, how long do you think it would be before we'd have a lot of people fighting against unfairly issued tickets because something went wrong?

On a slightly different approach, the EU already has proposals kicking around for new cars to be fitted with speed limiters linked to a database of roads to prevent the vehicle exceeding the speed limit on any given road.

But with either approach, it still wouldn't stop inappropriate speed which is within the designated limit.

Comment

Terrible idea.

For what it's worth, all newer cars have phone numbers that allow them to be tracked. While it's pretty amazing you can press a button on the dash of your car and ask someone in an office hundreds of miles away to throw some directions on the onboard GPS, or even call you when the cars being in an accident to see if you are OK, but to know where that vehicle is at all times is a bit much. Cars are turning into big mobile computers, the more computerisation they get the easier it gets to exploit them. It's surprising that we're not seeing horror stories stemming from these. I forget where I saw it, but it's completely plausible that hackers can completely take away control from you while you're driving. Imagine driving down the motorway and having your brakes slam on without your consent. It's the thing of nightmares.

Comment

Too many vehicles on the road I would love to give up a car for public transport,but I have to wait a long time before I get my bus pass.I think that is going up from 60 to 66 extra 6 years is a long time to wait

Comment

keeps going up no one will reach the age for it.
                          hope if labour get in they reduce the cost of fuel.

Too many vehicles on the road I would love to give up a car for public transport,but I have to wait a long time before I get my bus pass.I think that is going up from 60 to 66 extra 6 years is a long time to wait

Comment

keeps going up no one will reach the age for it.
                            hope if labour get in they reduce the cost of fuel.
                            Can they be trusted to keep their promises like freezing energy prices

Comment

thats true though.

but its prob not as easy as we think for them to do what they say.

theyshould not be giving thee rich a tax break though one law i want to see is the well off the rich having to pay more tax.

Can they be trusted to keep their promises like freezing energy prices

Comment

thats true though.

but its prob not as easy as we think for them to do what they say.

theyshould not be giving thee rich a tax break though one law i want to see is the well off the rich having to pay more tax.
                                There are plenty of millionaires in this country who pay very little tax,they should be the ones contributing more into the system,

Mr Taxman is quick enough to send out letters to ordinary folk if they owe more tax,its wrong the rich get away with so much

Why dont councils use the money that is collected in parking fines speeding fines etc by investing that money into repairing pot holes etc

Comment

Working...
                                X