Spitting image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitting image

What's your favourite spitting image sketch?

You know, the one that you recall best to this day, and still makes you smile ? It would be nice to compile a "best of" collection here, based on everyone's favourites.

I've been watching spitting image on YouTube recently. That show educated me in politics and current affairs when i was a kid. They really should bring it back.

Re: Spitting image

I can't remember individual sketches as it was so long ago, but I do remember loving the program at the time it was on. It was so funny in places and well, politicians are great to poke fun at.

Comment

One I really liked was John Major on Mastermind with subject being Passing The Buck, ie just blaming Norman Lamont for everything.

At the same time there was a Crimewatch sketch which was very funny.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The Queen and Prince Charles Maggie Thatcher

Comment

the chicken song lol
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Too many, Thatcher ordering food "Steak, rare"..."and what about the vegetables ?"..."they'll have the same as me" referring to her cabinet. The chicken song, Every breath you take, the characterisation of John Major with his "peas", Norman Baker as a slug, Kinnock was hilarious, Tebbit the thug. Seemed like each episode had at least one top qulaity sketch.

Comment

The animated sketches in the later series were very funny. Mr Fetsh done in the style of Roger Hardgreaves was ace, complete with an Arthur Lowe soundalike narration. It was shown when almost every week a Tory MP was found to have a dodgy lifestyle.

Comment

forgot about that something like throw a chicken in the air nice lyrics to it. loved Maggie,roy hattersly, and neil Kinnock. such a funny show had me in hysterics.
                Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                the chicken song lol
                Last edited by darren; 22-08-2013, 00:40.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There is many many more songs.

A lot of which i could not post here cause of the words used.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                  the chicken song lol
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Spitting Image reworded version of Our House is really good, not sure if it's on You Tube.

Comment

A few Spitting Image memories and sketches I remember enjoying:

The multi-episode 'The President's Brain is Missing' in which President Reagan's brain goes AWOL and has to be found.

President Reagan and Dr. Henry Kissinger. Kissinger is looking through a microscope and says, "One...two...two and a half. Let's call it two, Mr. President." To which Reagan replies, "Gee, is that low for a sperm count, Doc?"

Reagan's aides are trying to get him to remember the name of new Soviet Premierr Gorbachev. There's a board showing three pictures. A person's mouth, a sheep and a chef with a plate of tongue. The aide says, "Remember Mr. President, it's gob...baa...chef. Now you say it." Reagan looks at the pictures and says,"Mouth...sheep...tongue. Gee, isn't he that Chinese guy, Ed?"

Roy Hattersley always covering everyone with spittle when he spoke.

David Steel depicted as a tiny figure in David Owen's top pocket.

The Queen Mother speaking like Beryl Reid.

The "I've never met a nice South African" song.

Margaret Thatcher shown in a man's suit and smoking a cigar.

Cecil Parkinson often depicted naked.

The Department of Kenneths sketch, with Kenneth Clarke, Kenneth Baker and Kenneth Williams.

Shirley Williams' hair always looking like a hurricane had hit it.

John Major always dressed in grey.

The "Land of crisps and lager" song.

The 1987 and 1992 general election specials.

Adolf Hitler living next door to Margaret Thatcher and them chatting over the garden wall.

The "War is naughty" song.

Journalists being depicted as pigs.

Julian Clary becoming Archbishop of Canterbury instead of George Carey.

Comment

Anybody remember The Last Night of the Yobs sketch?

The Go Now sketch about the Tory MPs turning against Mrs T.
                        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

David Mellor used to breathe out green gas, a comment on his halitosis.

John McGregor wore a paper bag over his head as he was so anonymous.

Kenneth Baker was normally depicted as a slug.

One sketch I remember was "The day Dan Quayle wasn't assassinated" with George Bush saying "When I heard the news I just broke down & Wept!".

The made the video for Genesis's "Land of confusion" & reused the Tony Banks puppet as Jesus in a few sketches.

Comment

Marc, I think the last night of the yobs sketch may well have been where the Land of Crisps and Lager song was sung.

In sketches set in a pub or bar, Lord Lucan could often be seen working as a barman.

There was a sketch where Margaret Thatcher sends Roger Moore as James Bond to get rid of Mikhail Gorbachev because he wanted to end the cold war.

Princess Diana was often portrayed as a Sloane Ranger.

I remember the great fuss that was caused when the programme first featured the Queen Mother.

Comment

This.

Comment

Working...
                              X