Broken Biscuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Biscuits

They used to have a stall in our local indoor market that sold nothing but biscuits, they were all sold loose and they had every kind of biscuit you could imagine and probably some you cant. I remember their were always three or four people serving and always a long line of people waiting, it was one of our weekly supply stops and as well as our usual supply intact goodies there was always a bag of broken biscuits that they sold for next to nothing. the same people had another stall across the way, it was just as large and just as busy but it sold sweets, they also bagged up odd assortments of sweets and chocolates and sold them cheap. the stall is in fact still there although now combined and only selling the usual pre-packed variety's as well as cakes.

Re: Broken Biscuits

You can still buy boxes of broken biscuits, They used to be good value for money but the last box I purchased cost as much as several good packs of chocolate biscuits. Mum used to occasionally buy a box when we were kids when money was a little tight because you got a lot for your money back then(not so with the last box I brought). My only grumble is everything tasted the same in the box and if you were unlucky to get custard creams of any sort everything else tasted of them in the box. One box was full of those orange flavored biscuits which made everything else taste of orange. I hate orange cream biscuits, gags at the thought.

Comment

The ones I remember were never sold in boxes, and I think there were different mixtures, that is to say you could buy a mixed bag of chocolate, plain, wafers or whatever. they were really cheap and all the old lady's would be queuing for them, they were usually the first thing to sell out.

Comment

I've bought the 1kg boxes a couple of times, but they seemed to be going soggy even when I first opened the box.

Woolworths used to sell broken ones until the 1960-70s, but decided they were too downmarket.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I bought a box of broken biscuits a few months ago from some where like Home Bargains. Can't remember the brand but I didn't rate them. Know what you mean battyrat about all the biscuits tasting the same. There were never nice things like jam rings in the mix, it was always custard creamy things or those round shortcake ones. Orange custard creams were everywhere then and I also hated them.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Heres an idea. Why not buy some cheap biscuits that you like, pop em in a bag and shake em around a bit to break and mix em up. Et Voila!

Comment

I never used to be keen on the malted milk biscuits that seemed to be in all assortments I bought.

Comment

I actually have some broken biscuits in the cupboard. Would you like to see a picture?

Comment

Go on then Sly, you know your dying to show us a pic!
                  sigpic

Comment

my son loves the box of broken biscuits..........might have to treat him soon

Comment

i never can remember seeing broken biscuits being sold does not mean they where not though.

i must try and find out if i can get them love the idea of them being different varieties fact they are broken ones makes it more surprising they are sold.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've jest received my delivery of 5 boxes of broken biscuits I found on ebay

Oh gosh the memories of delving in and seeing what I get!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262319589810?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Comment

I remember recently Farmfoods sold 1kg boxes of broken biscuits, occasionally I bought one, but they were often soggy even when I first opened it.

Comment

Nowadays 'Broken Biscuit' boxes are actually intact a selection of different biscuits
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                            X