Clear All

Re: Top 3 Favourite Computers Ever !

Speccy
    Commodore 64
    Atrai
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

my favourite three computers are amistad, pc and mac.
      The Indelible Asher D

Comment

Amstrad 464 (with colour monitor)
        Amiga or Atari (5200?)
        Dragon 64/BBC/Acorn/Vic20/ZX80 (All of the above)

Comment

1. Dragon 32. My first computer. Spent hours typing in magazine listings and then saving them to tape. Some great games too.
          2. Commodore 64. When I finally got a disk drive for it I was like a pig in ****. Defender of the crown, impossible mission, microprose soccer...
          3. Amiga 1200. This was stunning in its time. .. I used to go to a club over a pub and we'd all swap copied games. Secret of monkey island. Micro prose formula one. Kick off. ..sensible soccer. . I could go on for ever.

Comment

1. MSX. The MSX 1 machines were nothing to celebrate from a technical point of view, apart from the software on your Sony will work on your mate's Panasonic, but the MSX2 series were breathtaking for an 8 bit machine. Worshippers at the altar of Sir Clive don't know what you've been missing...

2. Amstrad CPC 6128. The Swiss army knife of 8 bits that uses strange 3 inch floppy disks. Can be used for games, serious software, or programming. Probably Britain's 4th 8 bit machine that sadly lives in the shadows of the Spectrum, C64, and the BBC.

3. Unix workstations. Make PCs look like clunky pieces of junk in comparison.

Comment

Commodore 64 (although I had the C128 I only ever used it in C64 mode)
              Amiga 500
              ZX Spectrum 48K - my first home computer

Comment

Amiga 500+/600: Geoff Crammond's F1/Sensible Soccer/Moonstone ... too many classics to list them all.

PC: In the early 90's I played nothing except PGA Golf & Dungeon Master on a daily basis round a friends house. (Used to hate it if his dad needed to use the computer for work!)

Commodore 64

I didn't spend a lot of time playing Amstrad/Spectrum/Atari ST machines. I have had various consoles over the years, but omitted to mention them here. (We did have a "Pong" machine in the loft from the 1970's which was my elder brothers, loved that as a youngster. Unfortunately it ended up at the tip during a tidying spree some time ago).

Comment

Working...
                X