Forgotten adverts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten adverts.

Does anyone recall these adverts?: This first one if for Thomas Cooke (I think) and it's circa 1981. We see a wet and rainy street which was probably a studio set. A couple are walking along when they see a branch of TC across the road with the sun shining over it, while the rest of the street is still wet and rainy. They cross the road and head into the shop. The voice-over says the usual blurb about how great the travel agent is, then at the end we see the exterior of the shop with people rushing along in the rain, and a man sings a version of "Just direct your feet, to the sunny, sunny, side of the street." This second one from the late '70s, features two women sitting at a table in the lounge or kitchen. One says to the other "fancy a coffee?" or something like that. She goes off then returns giving her friend the cup of hot stuff. Her friend has a sip, and you can see by the look on her face that it tastes horrible! Then the other woman doesn't notice, as the first woman tips her coffee into a nearby plant pot. The first woman asks her friend if she fancies another cup. Then the second woman pulls out a jar of Mellow Birds from her bag and says "Have you tried this?". There's a bit of waffle from the voice-over, then at the end we see an open jar of the java with a smiley face in it. A woman sings "Mellow Birds, will make you smile." I have seen a different version of this ad on that well-know website, but not this one. Can anyone help me find these?

Re: Forgotten adverts.

i sure remember that first one even though i was only six at the time.
    i just rememberd it right away.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Not sure if its on there but have you tried WWW.Tellyads.com.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        i sure remember that first one even though i was only six at the time.
        i just rememberd it right away.
        Thank gawdness! I didn't imagine it then.

Comment

Originally posted by sweep View Post
          Not sure if its on there but have you tried WWW.Tellyads.com.
          I've seen that site before. The trouble with it is...the adverts on there are too new

Comment

There was a late 80s Radio Rentals advert shot in POV from the television's point of view featuring a heavy metal band and the television ends up being flung through the window and ends up in a swimming pool.
            Of all my favourite all time adverts THIS one isn't on Youtube!!
            WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I seem to remember a Diet Coke ad that included an attractive lady getting out of a Ferrari for some reason.

Comment

Here's a few more:
                This one is from the late 1970s. A guy and girl are sitting in the park or woods at night. I think the gal sprays her hair with some fixer, but then a gust of wind blows it out of whack. Then, the boyfriend who was looking the other way, turns to her and sings: "Moonlight becomes you, it goes with your hai-!" He stops when he sees what a mess her coiffure is in.

Another one from the late '70s, featured a singer called Pearly Gates (Not her real name) and it was for Williams Furniture stores. At the end she would sing, "As you walk through the door, your pound's worth more, at Williams, where else?" In the film Sweeney 2, there is a scene where some schoolkids sing a parodied version of this jingle.

From the late '80s, this one is for a canned drink called Ocean Spring (I think) It featured a cartoon Kangaroo talking to camera about how the drink satisfies one's thirst, "...better than a billabong..." or something like that.

Comment

swisskit ads from early 70s i think

"I'll risk it for a swisskit!"

cant find this anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                    swisskit ads from early 70s i think

"I'll risk it for a swisskit!"

cant find this anywhere
                    I remember that slogan

Comment

BOC was a second hand car mart in Lancashire in the seventies, every Friday night after Kick Off, their advert would come on 'Beee Ohh Ceeee, better people to buy from'.

Was the Williams one a London one? I remember an advert slogan ending 'where else?' but didnt think it was a sung one.

Mitchells Self Drive, where people come first (and come back again).

Telecom ones used to illustrate phoning abroad... the aged cockney couple who phone their grandson Billy in California at midnight their time... I can even say it now.

Old bloke to his wife: "Well, what shall we do now? It's still early"

Clock shows 10 o'clock, and we know it's night cause curtains are drawn.

Cut to Billy at school, looking nervous as his work is marked by a teacher. He dashes out as soon as he gets his book back, leaps onto his bike and pedals like fury. The phone rings (American ring) as soon as he enters the door...

Billy: "Hi Grandmawww!"
                      Old lady: "Happy birthday Billy!"
                      Old bloke: "We said we'd ring at our usual time, didnt we? 'Appy birfday Billy!"

Comment

Originally posted by DanTanna_Investigations View Post
                        Telecom ones used to illustrate phoning abroad... the aged cockney couple who phone their grandson Billy in California at midnight their time... I can even say it now.

Old bloke to his wife: "Well, what shall we do now? It's still early"

Clock shows 10 o'clock, and we know it's night cause curtains are drawn.

Cut to Billy at school, looking nervous as his work is marked by a teacher. He dashes out as soon as he gets his book back, leaps onto his bike and pedals like fury. The phone rings (American ring) as soon as he enters the door...

Billy: "Hi Grandmawww!"
                        Old lady: "Happy birthday Billy!"
                        Old bloke: "We said we'd ring at our usual time, didnt we? 'Appy birfday Billy!"

Comment

Not as you described, but...Well done!

Comment

Bump!

Anyone recall the ads I described?

Comment

the phone one looks familiar.

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                              Bump!