Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panini Football Sticker albums

Originally posted by darren View Post
    glued in wow you couldnt just peel the back of them and stick them on.
    so there where sticker albums released in othe countries for footie teams not just in the uk.
    There was a little line across the top reverse of the "sticker" on to which you put glue and stuck it in the book. It was an English soccer stars book, just the last couple of pages were team pictures of European club sides.

Comment

glued in wow you couldnt just peel the back of them and stick them on.
      so there where sticker albums released in othe countries for footie teams not just in the uk.
      Panini are Italian so I guess they were sold in other counties.

The World Cup collections had text in a few different languages, with all the qualified countries being names by their native languages.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Must admit I don't like footy but I did collect these stickers as boy why I don't know lol
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
          Got my first about 1975. They had to be glued in and had european teams in the back, oh the exoticness of Slovan Bratislava,Ferencvaros and Levski Sofia.
          I have one from the late 1970s. Don't qoute me havasack, but I think it was one of the first (at least in the first 5 years of 3 up, 3 down from Division 2 to Division 1) ... it definitely was not the Season Carlisle, Middlesbrough and Luton went up! I think but am not 1005 certain it was the year Tottenham had their last spell in Division 2 to date and they went up with Brighton I believe! My 2nd oldest one features Leyton Orient and Wrexham in Division 2 - which'd be very early 1980s - 1982 I believe ./ Look where both these 2 Clubs are now!! - thinking about that amazes me. Wrexham are not in even in the Leauge alone unless you want to call/term the National Leauge/Confrence National Division 5 in today's money and Leyton Orient have never been out of the last 2 Divisions since with the nearest them being to escaping both being 2 seasons since in the league 1 Play Off Final!

80sChav

Comment

I remember finding a site where someone had some loose stickers from the 1970s online. Some of the players were from one of the Bristol teams (can't remember if it was Rovers or City) were in the top division at the time, along with Burnley.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              I remember finding a site where someone had some loose stickers from the 1970s online. Some of the players were from one of the Bristol teams (can't remember if it was Rovers or City) were in the top division at the time, along with Burnley.
              I have never seen such a site Richard, but can imagine it is awesome!

It would certaionly be City not Rovers - no doubts as until 2001 Bristol Rovers was on of the remaining few Clubs to have the honour of never having played in either the the First or 4th Division as did Plymouth (until 1995)

80sChav

Comment

Oh so u still have a few sticker albums then and from the eighties.

I had a few from the eighties tried to complete them without getting swaps never did complete them, i wasnt very good at peeling off the sticker.

I remember every 2 or 3 days id go to the shop to get a few packets in the hope of getting the last few.

I often wonder did certain players have less stickers made.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
                i have one from the late 1970s. Don't qoute me havasack, but i think it was one of the first (at least in the first 5 years of 3 up, 3 down from division 2 to division 1) ... It definitely was not the season carlisle, middlesbrough and luton went up! I think but am not 1005 certain it was the year tottenham had their last spell in division 2 to date and they went up with brighton i believe! My 2nd oldest one features leyton orient and wrexham in division 2 - which'd be very early 1980s - 1982 i believe ./ look where both these 2 clubs are now!! - thinking about that amazes me. Wrexham are not in even in the leauge alone unless you want to call/term the national leauge/confrence national division 5 in today's money and leyton orient have never been out of the last 2 divisions since with the nearest them being to escaping both being 2 seasons since in the league 1 play off final!

80schav
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Oh so u still have a few sticker albums then and from the eighties.

I had a few from the eighties tried to complete them without getting swaps never did complete them, i wasnt very good at peeling off the sticker.

I remember every 2 or 3 days id go to the shop to get a few packets in the hope of getting the last few.

I often wonder did certain players have less stickers made.
                  Yes got quite a lot Darren - not every season and some have lost their covers etc!

some was given too by distant-family members and saving them is worth every penny mate trust me!

As I say I think 1990/91 has to be the best - that had so much in it - a World Cup extra (may-be a poster you put tickets on) , a spares book for whatever you desired to add from spares and a moveable wall-chart paper for the Leauge Table (Division 1)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    I have never seen such a site Richard, but can imagine it is awesome!

It would certaionly be City not Rovers - no doubts as until 2001 Bristol Rovers was on of the remaining few Clubs to have the honour of never having played in either the the First or 4th Division as did Plymouth (until 1995)

80sChav
                    It only had a few stickers but they were interesting to look at.

The Observer reprinted some of the World Cup albums a few years ago which I collected up. They are great for laughing at players haircuts & gormless poses.

Comment

I have one from 73 (I think)...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

IS THIS THE 1990/91 ONE YOU MEAN.

YES WITH THE ADDED BONUS OF FEATURING A WORLD CUP EXTRA MAKES THEM EVEN NICER TO HAVE.

IM SURE THEY MUST BE WORTH A FEW PENNIES.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                        Yes got quite a lot Darren - not every season and some have lost their covers etc!

some was given too by distant-family members and saving them is worth every penny mate trust me!

As I say I think 1990/91 has to be the best - that had so much in it - a World Cup extra (may-be a poster you put tickets on) , a spares book for whatever you desired to add from spares and a moveable wall-chart paper for the Leauge Table (Division 1)

Comment

Well, I didn't collect the English league, but there are books that cover the World Cup in Panini stickers- But the price is now astronomical!!
                          The link below is for the hardback version only up to 1998 - glad I got a copy, and I have a full album and a FULL set of unstuck stickers from I think the South Africa world cup
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Cup-Fo...cker+world+cup

Comment

Recently heard that some panini albums had 2 players on the same sticker.

Has anyone seen such a thing.

Comment

I remember in the 1980s the Scottish players were on half stickers, along with the 2nd division badges.

Comment

Wow so odd.

When you say on half stickers you mean 2 players on one sticker.

Very interesting cheers richard.

Originally posted by richard1978 View Post
                                i remember in the 1980s the scottish players were on half stickers, along with the 2nd division badges.

Comment

Working...
                                X