X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panini Football Sticker albums

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Wow so odd.

When you say on half stickers you mean 2 players on one sticker.

Very interesting cheers richard.
    IIRC the stickers were in 2 parts on one backing card, & numbered A & B
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Here is a picture of the half stickers

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/181500809123?_mwBanner=1

Comment

Yes that's how I remember them, is that a typical selling price for old football stickers.

Comment

There was a sensational programme on iTV 1 a few weeks back about Panini as was a similar one about - I think it was Admniral (Footy Shirt makers),

Both offered an aqmazing insight into when each hit their peaks - no doubts (and the falls of each too)!

Comment

I know that around 1986 the lads in my class used to sticker swaps in the school playground for their albums - many of them in a circle handing over various stickers to those who haven't got that one yet. The problem is that when you have just a dozen of them to complete, and tear open the latest Panini packet for football stickers, they all seem to be ones that you've already got! It would be interesting finding a completed album and finding out what the former players are doing these days - whether they became managers themselves or whatever.

I always associate them with the local paper shop and getting Look In or something like that. I always used to find empty Panini packets on the floor outside school as well.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Must be far easier to complete albums now through the power of eBay and Internet swap sites.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                I know that around 1986 the lads in my class used to sticker swaps in the school playground for their albums - many of them in a circle handing over various stickers to those who haven't got that one yet. The problem is that when you have just a dozen of them to complete, and tear open the latest Panini packet for football stickers, they all seem to be ones that you've already got! It would be interesting finding a completed album and finding out what the former players are doing these days - whether they became managers themselves or whatever.

I always associate them with the local paper shop and getting Look In or something like that. I always used to find empty Panini packets on the floor outside school as well.
                This was the case at my Primary School, George - I think they even tried to basn them at one stage! An abiding memory I have of from 1986/87 is gertting either the Reading Team Sticker or Badge - after they first got back into the 2nd Division after years away - then by 1988 they had stopped adding the 2nd Divisions Team and Badge - but I recall from an Album or 3 or so given by a relative from 1982 - they included the 3rd Division in at that point - which I still have, though it has fallen to pieces and is not full - just like I have one my relative gave of when Blackpool (prior to 2007) last resided in Division 2 before being relegated a gew years back from The Championship and Mansfield was in the 2nd for their only spell and it was Tottenham last spell out of the elite - that year too!1

1990 was probably the best Album ever I think - as they did 2 seperate sticker packets of Red and Yellow and 1 packet contained "Special Stickers" as it was a World Cup Year too and Panini went to down on the World Cup being included in that Album! It was sure great fun trawling little independent Newsagents that Season - 1990-1991 looking/trying to find out who had Red and who had Yellow Packets lol

Comment

Mid Clough-era Forest stickers were very popular in the mid 1980s Nottingham school playground, when we weren't taking advantage of the "Dobby Off Ground" phenomenon.

Football stickers made a nice change from those horrible Cabbage Pail Kids stickers that were stuck everywhere that I could see in the mid 1980s - pity that some of them were too young to be done for fly posting.

And I keep thinking that Panini is some Italian bread that you can get from Greggs or something.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Panini also made lots of other non-football stickers, I remember having Back To The Future & Beano collections.

Comment

Working...
                    X