Corned Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corned Beef

So, most people on here seem to agree that the classic meat products that we remember seem to taste nothing like the old school version.

Recently I have had some terrible Luncheon Meat, & some nasty rubbery Hacelet.
    Everything has changed...............
    Except Corned Beef.

For some reason whenever I have Corned Beef it tastes exactly as I remember from 30+ years back.

Agree/Disagree ?

Re: Corned Beef

It's been rare for me to have corn beef since the 1990s, when my Mum stopped buying it.

I did have some a couple of years ago, it was OK though it wasn't a good idea to put it in a toastie, as it all fell apart.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Corned beef doesn't seem to have changed at all over the years, in my opinion anyway.

Comment

I agree that it tastes the same although I haven't bought a tin myself for a good few years. Is it still opened with a key or is there a more sophisticated opening system in place?
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Deli corned beef is much nicer than tinned. Is it only uo here in the North East that it's nicknamed corned dog ?

Comment

The non-tinned stuff is called Silverside here in Oz.

Comment

Oh yea agree still love it brown sauce on too
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

love it in most things but must have brown sauce on it.
                i love it tinned or un tinned.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The tinned stuff is good if you make a hash of it

Comment

Yup, hash - boiled spuds, cabbage, a can of corned beef (yes, they open with a key still) and a large wok is best as the cabbage starts big. I love it with HP too. And a corned beef sandwich is deeply satisfying.

Gregg's corned beef pasty is a bit nice hot, too, esp. when you're sat in a bus stop watching it sleet. Been there, done that. Greggs was over the road.

Haslet - my x likes that, can't feel a need to try it ever, meself. Looks like it's made from the stuff they couldn't put in sausages.

Comment

Working...
                    X