This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum fixed!

For the last week or so I have been battling with a Jordanian hacker that has repeatedly broken into our forums and caused a lot of problems. I'm pleased to say that I *think* we have seen the last of him since I have made some major improvements to our security that should prevent this from happening again.

Please accept my apologies for the frequent disappearances of the website and for the redirects to spammy websites. Hopefully we're all back to normal now.
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Forum fixed!

That's great news, thanks for working so hard to get us back up and running.
    Heather

Comment

Thanks Mike

Comment

Good work Batman!

Comment

Thankyou.

Comment

great work and well done.
            i wonder this pm i got from someone who said they where from the one show to do with ronnie corbett was it fake spam perthaps related to this hacker.
            im not 100 per cent either way.
            Last edited by darren; 23-09-2013, 15:43.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              great work and well done.
              i wonder this pm i got from someone who said they where from the one show to do with ronnie corbett was it fake spam perthaps related to this hacker.
              im not 100 per cent either way.
              I think it was a real PM from an over-zealous BBC researcher. I thought it looked pretty genuine and I quite often get requests from BBC researchers for help with things like that. Did everyone get this PM though? You shouldn't be able to send a PM to all users.

Comment

I checked the IP When they first posted a message on the forum for Darren, it looked like a genuine post and as far as I know they have only made PM contact with him.
                Heather

Comment

Thanks Heather - I know the same post was sent to at least one other person since I got a failure message because their email address wasn't working. I don't think it is a problem though.

Comment

cheers heather, remember, well either way i got back to them but they never contacted me back.

ill be interested to see if they do a ronnie corbett feature tomorrow night.

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                    I checked the IP When they first posted a message on the forum for Darren, it looked like a genuine post and as far as I know they have only made PM contact with him.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Worry not- it happens to the best of us. Glad you've sorted things out.

Comment

i was pm'd about that too...........and there's me thinking it wasn't for real.

Comment

Good work keep em away why do they try spoil things got nothing better to do they want go get life and job
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                          X