X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biographies

Ooh... big Wire fan (Runaways too)
    Is this a new book?
    I have a copy of the now OOP "everybody loves a history", which was fine up to the point it was written, but Wire have evolved constantly
    Will check it out

Thanks

Comment

I read a lot, seriously, a lot.
      If i'm not working I can easily spend 15 hours a day just reading.
      And I have always loved reading biographies.
      I have a habit of having several books on rotation at the same time, so I might spend a few hours on one, slip the bookmark in & move on to the next one.
      Out of the 3 books I have had on rotation the last day or so, 2 are biographies/autobiographies.
      One is by the comedian Arthur Smith, & the other is by old school pro wrestling legend Terry Funk.
      Last edited by DemonEyeX; 03-02-2014, 02:58.

Comment

The book 'Lowdown' was published in 2009, Sixtyten. I've found it really informative & a really good
        read. There are a couple of typos, but that's about par for the course these days.
        Don't be put off by the review on Amazon by a certain Kevin Eden (author of Everybody Loves a

History). Here it is:
        "Rather than give my own review I will let Wire themselves tell their opinion of it:
        The result is a highly inaccurate book. Mistakes are legion, arguments are presented on the basis of

misquotes and often on complete misunderstanding. There has been no or little checking of sources
        or facts for accuracy or veracity. Nothing particularly bad is said about the group, but much is
        simply wrong and perpetuates past biographical errors.
        Ultimately, this is not the "Lowdown" as promised by the title but a serious letdown, an opportunity

wantonly missed."
        Hmmmmmm
        It's in the trees.....It's coming

Comment

John Lennon's biography by Ray Coleman. Just coming to the end of that. Taken a while but I keep coming back to pick it up.
          Disney - another 600+ book but very very interesting

But the one I picked up recently and I can't put it down, is Norman Wisdom's memoirs. Brilliant. I've just ordered the box set from Amazon so that I can enjoy those and I don't doubt my kids will join me. What a real star, and from all accounts, what a lovely bloke. Definitely recommend the book.

Comment

David Essex life

Comment

I'm not a biography reader but I thought I'd have a go and picked up Paul O'Grady's........has to be said I didn't get on with it at all. Although I think the man very talented and funny I felt the book was like reading a long never ending list......not flowing at all and after 5 chapters I gave up

Comment

I am reading about Daniel Craig now

Comment

Working...
                X