Fox, They of "Only You Can"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox, They of "Only You Can"

One of my favourite groups of the seventies was Fox, who sang Only You Can, Imagine Me, Imagine You, and S-S-Single Bed. And didn't their lead singer, who I think was called Nooshka, have an original voice?

Sigh . . . the memories of being a 14-year-old schoolboy back in the seventies don't half keep flooding back whenever I come on these boards and broach a topic about a particularly memorable song of that time.
    Wirral Writer
    www.alantoner.com

Re: Fox, They of "Only You Can"

She was great...all can be found on YouTube : ) I think I was about 14 too so know what you mean !!

Comment

Still got both albums.. "Fox" & "Blue Hotel", not got middle album "Tails Of Illusion"

Comment

Too young to remember them in 75, but heard the song and bought the Fox CD about 7 years ago - love it! Especially the track that's like a marching band going past - if you listen on ear or headphones the music passes from one ear to the other!

No clue online what she does now, I guess she retired back to Australia.

Comment

Nooshka fox had a solo hit with a slow ballad named " Georgina Bailey" after the fox hits.
          Very nice song too.

Comment

Apart from Noosha, the band were the brainchild of songwriter Kenny Young (write of Under The Boardwalk, Captain Of Your Ship etc.).

Their singles discography can be seen here.
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

The only thing I know about Fox was the song 'Electro People' which was the TV theme to the Kenny Everett Television Show at the start of the '80s - and which I listened to just a couple of days ago (just noticed it's mentioned in that discography above).
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Check out If I Point At The Moon, the wonderful B-side of their also-wonderful Imagine Me, Imagine You single!

Comment

Comment

Only discovered Fox when I was watching an old TOTP from 1976 recently and saw them performing S-s-single Bed with the Australian lead singer Nooshka looking like a superhero with her cape!

Comment

Amazing that S-s-single Bed was only mentioned in the previous post - that is what I would have associated Fox with. Apart from the BBC Four TOTP repeats when they started, I only seem to hear their songs on Pick of the Pops these days and nowhere else.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

The brainchild of Fox was American multitalented artist Kenny Young, who is a producer as well as a singer/songwriter/musician. Very prolific and engaging guy. After Noosha left Fox, Kenny Young became lead singer and renamed the band Yellow Dog. They had one major hit with "Just One More Night" in 1978, and then he turned to music production in the 80's and set up the band Gentlemen Without Weapons who had a minor hit in Australia with the environmental polemic "Unconditional Love (Planet Earth)" which had a beautiful video to go with it, but did little to gain worldwide success. GWW started up the organisation Earth Love Fund which gives grants to English artists who want to do projects focused on preserving the natural environment. Kenny also has his own group on Facebook called Kenny Young Appreciation Society, which celebrates his illustrious music career stretching right back to the early 60's till today.

Comment

I prefer Fox's singles Only You Can and Imagine Me, Imagine You (the latter has a really beautiful B-side: If I Point At The Moon).

Also, Yellow Dog had a couple of near-hits: Wait Until Midnight and Little Gods, both of which I like almost as much as Just One More Night.

Finally, I have the GWW album and can recommend that as well. Apparently, a lot of the "instrumentation" was actually found animal sounds, treated and sampled.

Check out Kenny's songwriting credits on hits such as Under The Boardwalk and Captain Of Your Ship!

Attached Files
                          Last edited by zabadak; 25-03-2019, 14:09.

Comment

Working...
                          X