Stephanie De Sykes, Born With A Smile On Her Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephanie De Sykes, Born With A Smile On Her Face

Another great singer - and quite a beautiful blonde girl too - that I remember fondly from 1974 was Stephanie De Sykes, whose big hit of that year was "Born With A Smile On My Face". The only other song I remember her singing was "We'll Fond Our Day". After that, nothing.

Is she still in the music business?
    Wirral Writer
    www.alantoner.com

Re: Stephanie De Sykes, Born With A Smile On Her Face

Wow.. I remember this playing on the car radio, as we were travelling to Butlins lol

Comment

I'm sure she either had a featured role as herself in Crossroads to plug the record or some other excuse was certainly made to play it at the end of several episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
        Another great singer - and quite a beautiful blonde girl too - that I remember fondly from 1974 was Stephanie De Sykes, whose big hit of that year was "Born With A Smile On My Face". The only other song I remember her singing was "We'll Fond Our Day". After that, nothing.
        She did the last theme from the Golden Shot (This Is Your Golden Day). Lynsey de Paul was commissioned to write the song, presumably thinking she'd sing it as well I guess, and apparently was very miffed when she heard SdS had been asked to record the tv theme version. She said in the papers she hated it when she heard it and SdS and her group had misinterpreted the harmonies etc etc. She was quite insulting to SdS's singing but apparently they made it up in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post

Is she still in the music business?
          i shall be singing 'born with a smile on my face' for days now...........funnily enough that song has always been firmly etched in my memory

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
            i shall be singing 'born with a smile on my face' for days now...........funnily enough that song has always been firmly etched in my memory
            I know. It's a great, catchy, memorable song.
            Wirral Writer
            www.alantoner.com

Comment

I think she won "your a star" or something similar with hughie green as host.

Comment

Working...
              X