25 Years Ago Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Years Ago Today

I bet most people watched this when Neighbours was immensely popular amongst 80s teens, where does time go?

The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: 25 Years Ago Today

Almost everyone I knew at school was really into Neighbours at this time.

Almost all the girls seemed to have a copy of Kylie The Album.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had the Kylie Album on tape

Bought my best friend the Jason album for her 12th birthday and she also had the video of the wedding. I wasn't actually into Neighbours really but it seemed impossible to miss in those days so I knew every story and all the characters.

My best friend was really into it though. I always remember one year she was DESPERATE to go to see a pantomime in Stockport because Madge and Harold were in it but there was no way we were ever going to get there. We didn't even know where Stockport was! Funny thing is whenever I see Richard's posts I immediately think of the epic trip that never was lol. Richard, I don't suppose you can remember a pantomime back then featuring M and H in your local area?
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I think i remember that panto, but I can't remember anyone I knew who saw it.

It would have been at the now demolished Davenport Theatre, the pantos are now at the Plaza in the town centre.

Comment

I think the song to this scene in Neighbours was called 'Suddenly' by Angry Anderson. It charted in the UK top 20.

Comment

cool song brought me to tears and i still watch neighbours

Originally posted by HG View Post
            I bet most people watched this when Neighbours was immensely popular amongst 80s teens, where does time go?

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i wonder how many ppl did shed a tear at this neighbours not the same as it was back then same as home and away made me laugh how some the older actors are still in these soaps today they must really love there job
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                i wonder how many ppl did shed a tear at this neighbours not the same as it was back then same as home and away made me laugh how some the older actors are still in these soaps today they must really love there job
                The recent promotions for Home and Away made me laugh. They made a big thing of Alf still being in it! Ray Meagher who plays Alf holds the world record for longest continuing performer in an Australian TV show.
                Last edited by Trickyvee; 09-11-2013, 11:30.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

stefan dennis aka paul robinson has been in neighbours for most of its run.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  The recent promotions for Home and Away made me laugh. They made a big thing of Alf still being in it! Ray Meagher who plays Alf holds the world record for longest continuing performer in an Australian TV show.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I was on a school trip to stay in a local hall for five days, we all watched it there.
                    I remember being amused that a man called Angry Anderson could record such a sloppy song, I think he was in one of the Mad Max movies.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                      I was on a school trip to stay in a local hall for five days, we all watched it there.
                      I remember being amused that a man called Angry Anderson could record such a sloppy song, I think he was in one of the Mad Max movies.
                      I also was suprised by that!

Comment

i was a kid in the 80s so wasn't interested in Neighbours lol

Comment

Working...
                        X