Not With A Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not With A Bang

Does anyone remember "Not With A Bang"? It was a short lived ITV sitcom set in the aftermath of an accident that wiped out the worlds population! Quite a depressing scenario for a prime time comedy XD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_with_a_Bang

Re: Not With A Bang

I remember 'Not With A Bang' very well - I've mentioned it a couple of times on this very forum. I think it was broadcast in 1990, I bought the Rod Argent theme tune to it on 7" vinyl at the time. Stephen Rea and Ronald Pickup's characters were based in the village in the clip, and Mike Grady and Josie Lawrence played a pot-holing couple who came along at the end of the first episode. The series was spent by the foursome trying to make contact with anyone else who had potentially survived the wipeout of the human race, and working out how they were going to try and repopulate the earth - Mike Grady's character was infertile, and Josie Lawrence's character wanted to sleep with Ronald Pickup's. He wasn't having that, and Stephen Rea's character wanted to do it, but got rebuffed. I thought it was a great sitcom, and I'd like to see it out on DVD, but I doubt this will ever happen, because it just wasn't popular enough, and there was only the one series.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Re: Not With A Bang

Yep, really enjoyed this... particularly Stephen Rea's monologue with the imaginary barman about the chair...

Comment

Working...
      X