two horror films/shows I am searching for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two horror films/shows I am searching for

Saw these on TV, both live action, both shot in color, don't know whether they are shows or films, and these are the only scenes I can remember. (Both I think are night shots)

1) One film featured a scene where a dark-haired 50s-40s year old woman wearing a bathrobe/raincoat is seen cooking in her kitchen, she has a pot of boiling water on the stove. She is famished and opens her nearly empty refrigerator, she find only two-three jars left, and a can of dog or cat food. She tries some of the food, and pours some out for her pet, I think dog. We see her small grayish-white dog rushing into the room, it then sees her kneeling on the ground eating from its bowl. The woman growls and stares back at it her face transformed into a greenish color with yellow or red eyes. I saw this in 1990-1991, someone said they saw it in the late 80s, but this is the only scene they could remember too, and unfortunately, not any more to give me more details. I think this film/show could be about rabies, or perhaps a spell, maybe possession. Most suggested that this is a werewolf film, though. Someone suggested "the Boneyard", another "the Kiss", another "My Mom's a Werewolf", but it is not any of those, and it is also not "Mom." I read that there is a scene in the Dutch film "Flodder", where a woman tries out some dog food and gives it to her dog, nothing about face disfigurement though, and nothing to indicate it is actually a horror film. This had much of a "Tales from the Dark Side" feel, not the movie, I considered "the Casavin Curse", but nothing about a pet or eating pet food.

2) I am the only one who remembers this. I also saw this in 1990-1991. This film (or show?) featured someone dressed as a ghost (probably was a ghost itself) wearing a light blue sheet over their self visiting a woman (30s-50s yrs, had long light brown hair (maybe)). We see the woman laying in bed in this pitch dark bedroom. She hears a noise, asks if anyone is there, no response, we then see the ghost in the hallway slowly approaching her room making its way above two steps of stairs. From what I can remember, the ghost did not have hands, feet, or a face, and maybe it was dressed in a white sheet, and I think the ghost floated. When it finally approaches her room, it floats still in the doorway for a few seconds, the woman calls out a name, I think the name of a man, so I think maybe he was her former lover, and I think he came back for revenge. It then flies towards to her, and as she is still laying in bed, with her legs covered, she stares up at it, screams, fusses, and tries to kick it away with her feet (or legs?). It does nothing, but just floated in front of her constantly moving its head around. I think it wanted to attack her, but it couldn't, and I think the woman recognized the ghost. Some suggested: "the Lady in White", the 80s version of "the Woman in Black" (is not it, though there is a very similar scene), "the Entity", someone recently "the Haunting of Sarah Hardy", but most a ghost reenactment show, maybe "Unsolved Mysteries", "Ghos****ch", or something quite similar. It is NOT from "Halloween" (80s version) or "Beetle Juice", for some strange reason, I think it was loosely based on a true story.

Now, I could be mismatching scenes, but does anyone remember what I am talking about? Surely someone must know. Please help, thanks.

Re: two horror films/shows I am searching for

I don't like horror movies. They really make me angry because they are like the same thing happening. Some wicked entity is chasing innocent people. What is so interesting about it? Only thing that really scared me is 'The Shining'. So I have a top 1 horror movie with only shining in it.

Comment

total guesses here

1. Werewolf Woman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf_Woman

2. High Spirits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Spirits_(film)

Comment

Those are not the films I am looking for, but thanks.

The first one had a modern setting, but was a film from the mid 80s, though I saw it on TV in the early 90s. I think during a Halloween marathon. Unfortunately, that is all I can remember, but the face of the woman looked a lot like the face of the witch doctor from Under Capricorn (1949 film directed by Alfred Hitchcock). The face of the disembodied head is seen here:

http://www.alfred-hitchcock-films.ne...Head-295px.jpg

It had a Tales from the Dark Side feel, as I said, but it could have been an episode of Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction. The kitchen was also pale white, and the woman sort of resembled Lily Tomlin. It is none of the Howling films. Could be as something simple as Sleepwalkers, but I doubt it for some reason. It could be Night Train to Terror or Terror at Red Wolf Inn.

The second film also had a modern setting, I saw it around the same time. It is NOT an episode of Ghost Watch, Haunted Lives - True Ghost Stories, or Unsolved Mysteries (had an Unsolved Mysteries atmosphere though). It could have been one of those BBC Christmas ghost stories or an episode of Ray Bradbury Theater, Circle of Fear, or Night Visions. I cannot remember much of this film/show either, but there is a very similar scene to a scene from the Woman in Black (1989) when the witch-ghost woman visited the man in his bedroom scaring him nearly to death. I think this took place in a hotel, or perhaps somewhere near a sea, and I think the woman knew the ghost, who as I said was probably her former lover. I cannot remember what the woman looked like, but I think she had long light brown wavy hair. The ghost looked the size of an adult and had a light blue sheet over itself. I do not think it had any hands or feet, and possibly not a face. It could be the Sandman (1995), the Legend of Hell House, or Witchcraft.

I think both of these shows/films were loosely based on true stories. I know this is not much to go on, but does this spark any ideas whatsoever? I am sure someone out there knows what shows I am talking about.

Comment

The second film must be Halloween 1978

I'll snoop around for anything regarding the first one.I wonder if the first one is one of the count yorga films?
          Last edited by moonvisage; 24-08-2014, 04:50.

Comment

Here is the count yorga scene where Erica eats the kitten,after rifling around for things to eat.

I hope these are the films you are looking for.

Comment

Thank you, but the Count Yorga scene is not what I am looking for. I distinctly remember a scene with a woman cooking something in her kitchen, and after opening her refrigerator, she finds a can of dog food or something, and eats some, then her face turns a gruesome greenish color, like the one in the link I provided, the disembodied head scene from Alfred Hitchcock's Under Capricorn, and after her pet comes in watching her eat its food, the woman noticed then stares back at it and growls, the dog (I think it was a dog) ran out of the room, the dog I think was either a poodle or a Yorkshire terrier. I do not think that is the same film, and as I said, it had a Tales from the Dark Side feel. The woman was either a regular woman who had rabies, a woman who was demonically possessed, or a witch. I was a kid when I saw it, but I remember what I saw.

As for the ghost scene, what else could it be? Though, I do not think the ghost I saw had glasses. I remember the scene leaned more towards one of those paranormal shows, which one I don't know. However, maybe it was Halloween and my mind was playing tricks on me, maybe I am remembering it wrong, but the scene I remember was mostly the Halloween scene seen in the above video, mixed with the scene from the 80s version of the Woman in Black, the bedroom scene when the witch scared the man.

Perhaps both were from Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, or some similar show. The dog food one leaned more towards a Tales from the Dark Side feel (NOT the Casavin Curse episode), while the ghost one had more of a Tales from the Crypt feel.

Comment

Re-watching the scene from Halloween, it is nothing like I remember it to be, so I am thinking it is from something different. It could be from Beetle Juice. I remember the room being pitch dark, no lamp being on, no dialogue (or as much), I remember when the ghost stood still in the doorway for a few seconds, it flew right towards the woman resting in bed, and floated around her constantly trying to lower it head, when the woman was still in bed staring up at it screaming moving her head around, the scene was much like the ghost bedroom scene from the Woman in Black (80s version), only it was a ghost ghost and the victim was a woman, I think the woman in the one I saw knew the ghost, and I think it came back for revenge, cannot remember how it died. The ghost did not wear any glasses, did not have hands, feet, or a face (maybe I'm wrong), it could have been wrapped in a white bed sheet, though I think it was bluish, and I clearly remember seeing the ghost in the hallway making its way up the stairs (the hallway I think was empty, no more rooms, no windows, etc); the walls and stairs look much like the wall and stairs from Stanley Hotel. The music was spooky organ music. I think it was set in some sort of hotel, and loosely based on a true story. I really think this was from show, such as Unsolved Mysteries, Amazing Stories, or Ghost Watch, perhaps X Files, not Twilight Zone or Out of Limits, I think. Once again, I saw this on TV in 1990-1992.

I think the other one was loosely based on a true story, but not entirely sure. I clearly remember the woman eating dog/cat food, maybe the pet later, from its bowl and on the ground. The woman in the Count Yorga episode looks similar, but not entirely. Most suggest this is a werewolf film, but I think it is some show, such as Tales from the Dark Side (not the Casavin Curse episode, as I first thought), Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (perhaps the ghost one was too), or Amazing Stories. I also clearly remember the woman wearing a bathrobe or raincoat, having a pot of boiling water on the stove, and what her face looked like (much like the face of the character from Under Capricorn, as seen in the link I provided) when it transformed. The kitchen resembles Sigourney Weaver's kitchen from Ghost Busters, the actress resembled Sigourney Weaver, but it is not the same film. I saw this in 1990-1992, but someone (the only other person I spoke to who remembers this scene) saw it in the mid 80s and unfortunately could only remember as much as I do.

Both I believe were night scenes. Both could be one of the House or Amityville Horror films. I know this not much to go on, but please help, these have been bugging me for years, and I know I did not dream them. These were the only scenes from the shows/films I saw that I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by insa80 View Post
                  I don't like horror movies. They really make me angry because they are like the same thing happening. Some wicked entity is chasing innocent people. What is so interesting about it? Only thing that really scared me is 'The Shining'. So I have a top 1 horror movie with only shining in it.

Well, if that is your idea of horror movie, I would suggest watch "The Dark Water". It's too touching!

Comment

Working...
                  X