Bewitched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bewitched

Elizabeth Montgomery did that nose twitch when performing magic and I think Barbara Eden as Jeannie did a blink.

Comment

I think Jeannie put her hands together, as if praying, then nodded...

"Marty", in Randall & Hopkirk, used to blink before disappearing.
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

That's funny, for I could have sworn that Jeannie blinked, but I also now seem to remember that fold arms and nod. Maybe she did both at different times?

As well as Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, there was also a short-lived show that involved another female with seemingly magical abilities. It was called Nanny and the Professor, and starred Juliet Mills as Nanny, who comes to look after a motherless family. Nanny's magic was more subtle than Samantha and Jeannie's, and it wasn't entirely clear that it was actually magic. This would have been late 60s/early 70s I would say.

Comment

I think Jeanie also closed her eyes while she folded her arms & nodded.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I think Jeanie also closed her eyes while she folded her arms & nodded.

In my mind she would do an exagerated blink, but as I said the arm folding and nod also sounds familiar now, so possibly she would sometimes just do a blink and sometimes the whole bit with arms folded, nod and blink.

Comment

Working...
            X