What We Did In Bed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What We Did In Bed!

we played the feet launching game too, remember my sister begging me to do it again and again,we were in fits of giggles, then she landed on the fire and burnt her arm, I can still hear her now, running to my dad yelling "Heather's kicked me in the fire" shame she forgot to mention it was a "game", I got the hiding of a life time.:cry: :cry: :cry:
    Heather

Comment

..remember staying at my aunts house and she would tell us stories of how the sandman would come and tip sleeping dust in your eyes and how if you looked at him when he landed on the end of your nose, you would end up with a permanat squint. When we were dropping off she would tickle the end of our nose and we would squeeze our eyes shut tight for fear we'd end up cross eyed.

I remember if I was ill,my mum would bring me comics up and a bottle of lucozade with the orange cellophane wrapper.
      ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

snore
        Heather

Comment

made a dutch oven

(flump (botty cough)in case you're not sure.)

Trust me

Comment

Originally posted by bumblelady View Post
            wow digging them up heather,
            i didint do nothing exciting, i had a cabin bed also and loved looking out the window whilst still laying down, i used to quess the colour of the next car to pass the window, quite sad really,
            Errrrr Bumble I sometimes do the car thing while waiting for the bus now! West Midlands buses are notoriously unreliable and it passes the time. Or I count the number of red cars to go past while I wait.
            sigpic
            Mrs Oggy
            ~~~*~~~*~~~
            Count your friends amongst the stars....
            And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

used to put the hot water bottle in half an hour before bedtime, to warm up the bed. then wake i the middle of the night and kick it out.
              "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

My sister use to have a hot water bottle, she didn't fasten the cap right one night, guess who had the bottom bunk Could have been worse I guess, she could have wet the bed!
                Heather

Comment

lol - heather, the bottles burst on me before and for that first second you wake up , you really think you have wet the bed, then te relief when you know you havn't.
                  "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

always had a hot water bottle with me.
                    an odd time the cap came off.
                    thankfully it was near cold when it happened.

would have read a book in bed and watched the goggle box.
                    sometimes me and the bro would play computer games when the parents went to bed.

sometime had pillow fights when they went to bed quiet pillow fights.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I used to listen to the radio. No modern music though, I used to listen to the oldies even back then.

Comment

What great memories on this thread.

I used to play "who could have the last word" with my brother. We had to shout quietly or my mum would race up the stairs and tell us off. I'd be lying there for ages smugly because I'd spoken last and just as I was drifting off to sleep I'd hear him whisper "Night then!" Grrrr...
                        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I don't think I ever did anything when I went to bed. I always fell asleep pretty much as soon as my head hit the pillow. I can't even remember having stories read to me, as I had more than likely fallen asleep in the living room and had to be carried/dragged to bed in a sleepy daze. I'm definitely not a night owl and still struggle to stay up past 10pm! 9 would be my ideal bedtime.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

My fondest memory of bedtime when I was little was me and my brother flashing torches around and watching those old toy film projectors shone onto the ceiling.
                            sigpic
                            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Reading. Always reading. Mostly 1950's and 1960's SciFi.
                              Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                              Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                              While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                              Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                              -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                                What great memories on this thread.

I used to play "who could have the last word" with my brother. We had to shout quietly or my mum would race up the stairs and tell us off. I'd be lying there for ages smugly because I'd spoken last and just as I was drifting off to sleep I'd hear him whisper "Night then!" Grrrr...
                                like that J.
                                my and the bro did the same thing.
                                me and the older bro would listen to music and watch telly.
                                keeping it very low so the parents would not hear.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X