Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What We Did In Bed!

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
    I had polystyrene under my wallpaper. Used to love laying in bed and digging a fingernail into it.

I have fond memories of those little red projectors too Kaz and I remember playing under the sheets with a torch with these on the end.

Blimey! They bring back some memories. I dread to think what year they appeared (along with the the torch -blue handle?) in my Christmas stocking - '70, '71? It must have been around then. Thanks

Comment

Oh, and I used to listen to the radio, too. I had a little transistor radio with one of those hearing aid ear plugs and I used to trawl around the short wave picking up weird foreign stations and sometimes forces radio. It seemed such a secret and strange world

Comment

Yeah. Sometimes I used to pick up taxi calls which scared the **** out of me as a kid. I thought they had found a way to talk directly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          Yeah. Sometimes I used to pick up taxi calls which scared the **** out of me as a kid. I thought they had found a way to talk directly to me.
          That used to happen through my radio too. Taxis and occasionally aircraft as we lived under a flight path with planes coming into land. Used to scare the **** out of me as it sounded like somebody was suddenly in the room talking!

Remember my dad used to have a special radio that was designed to tune into those wavelengths so he would listen to the pilots and the police when they were in car chases...until it got scrambled so he couldn't listen in any more!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

When my Dad first got a car radio with a signal scanner it used to occasionally find taxi radios, but only half the conversation could be heard.

This was in the days when some of the normal FM band was shared by 2-way radios.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

when i was under the blankets i had a torch which i used to help me read books.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Read Bunty comics before going to sleep

Comment

Wetting myself

pulling the fluff outta my belly button

watching telly when my mom had turned it off i snuck over and turned it on.

Comment

Hide under the blankets when the light went off

Comment

slept under the blankets not sure how many did this.

Comment

Played on consoles and watched films use to always fall asleep with tv on my mother use to go mad
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Watch Spitting Image on one of those tiny Casio televisions with earphones in. Always on a Sunday night.

Comment

yes i played games to they where made by tomy i think and u looked into them pretty sure id a shark game.
                            it had its own light but was quite noisy.which my mom sometimes heard.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                            Played on consoles and watched films use to always fall asleep with tv on my mother use to go mad
                            Last edited by darren; 14-11-2014, 20:18.

Comment

Lol mate i use to have head phones on so mother didnt hear tv lol

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              yes i played games to they where made by tomy i think and u looked into them pretty sure id a shark game.
                              it had its own light but was quite noisy.which my mom sometimes heard.
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Haha

thing is dont put the sound up to high though or parents would hear it.

The memories are flooding back.
                                Sometimes id eat in bed too.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                                lol mate i use to have head phones on so mother didnt hear tv lol

Comment

Working...
                                X