What was this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was this game?

Hope you can help identify this game. Somebody in my class took it in to school on a toy day around 1976/77 and I've never seen it since.

The game was some sort of moulded plastic (square?) base. If I remember correctly there were tunnels/tubes running through the base, which would have been a few inches deep. These tunnels came out to holes on the surface of the base and I think you placed a plastic figure on the holes and moved it around when it was your turn.

I think each player had a squeezy plastic hand pump which attached somehow to the tunnels in the base and when it was your turn you squeezed the plastic pump and if you were lucky and made the right connection the air went through the tunnels and shot the plastic figure up into the air.

Please forgive the poor description; I only ever saw this game for a few hours and didn't even get a go with it! I would love to see a photo of this game after around 37 years of waiting.

Re: What was this game?

Originally posted by Robertm View Post
    Hope you can help identify this game. Somebody in my class took it in to school on a toy day around 1976/77 and I've never seen it since.

The game was some sort of moulded plastic (square?) base. If I remember correctly there were tunnels/tubes running through the base, which would have been a few inches deep. These tunnels came out to holes on the surface of the base and I think you placed a plastic figure on the holes and moved it around when it was your turn.

I think each player had a squeezy plastic hand pump which attached somehow to the tunnels in the base and when it was your turn you squeezed the plastic pump and if you were lucky and made the right connection the air went through the tunnels and shot the plastic figure up into the air.

Please forgive the poor description; I only ever saw this game for a few hours and didn't even get a go with it! I would love to see a photo of this game after around 37 years of waiting.
    i hope you get your pic as i'd like to see it too after your description

Comment

Animal Smakers?
      Heather

Comment

Cool H, checked all my 70's catalogues, but found nothing...

this fits description perfectly

Comment

Mmmmmmm....... Thanks for this Heather. It fits my dodgy description really well. Not sure whether it's the right game or not though.

It looks like it works on the same principle, but the game I remember looked a lot more exciting lol. But perhaps that's due to me only being about 10 years old at the time and having years and years to build it up in my mind as better than it really was. I think the fact that I only saw it once and never got to have a go on it has probably made it more desirable in my mind....

So it probably is the right game, but perhaps a later version (mid 80s?) of the one I saw in the mid 70s.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X