Still Open All Hours - 2013 Xmas Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Open All Hours - 2013 Xmas Special

Thought some of you might not have heard that Open All Hours is returning to TV with a one-off Xmas special titled Still Open All Hours

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/o...-david-2849817

Granville is still running his Uncle's store with the help of his Son. Nurse Gladys Emmanuel is back as is the Black Widow.

Re: Still Open All Hours - 2013 Xmas Special

I'm in two minds about this. Nice to see so many from the old cast back together again but I'm not sure it'll work. OAH was brill but was of its time. Even the set up of the shop looks wrong these days as you just don't get shops like that any more.

On a side note, did anybody see a recent programme on The Two Ronnie's where they showed a photograph of Ronnie Barker's father? He owned a shop and was stood outside of it, the absolute spitting image of Arkwright! There's no doubt that's where the character came from.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Don't know if it'll work. The last 'Allo 'Allo was cringworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
        did anybody see a recent programme on The Two Ronnie's where they showed a photograph of Ronnie Barker's father? He owned a shop and was stood outside of it, the absolute spitting image of Arkwright! There's no doubt that's where the character came from.
        I didn't see that, but I'm wondering if it is the same photograph that appeared in an episode of OAH which was supposed to be Arkwright's father.

Apparently the BBC are keen to commission a full series of SOAH if it's popular with viewers.

Comment

im lookin forward to this a lot even if it is a one off.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

this should be good loved open all hours so be interesting to see how they do
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

'Open All Hours' is my favourite sitcom. I have every series on DVD and I've even visited the street in Doncaster where it was filmed, so when I first heard that it was coming back, I was sceptical, wondering how it would work without Ronnie Barker as the lynchpin Arkwright. But I'm really looking forward to it now. I've no doubt David Jason will do it justice, and I think it's an excellent nod to the past, and I'm sure you'll agree there's nothing wrong with that.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Funny that my OH mentioned the other day about having been to the street, this was a few days before we knew the remake was happening. I thought the shop had been converted into a house or the street bulldozed. Obviously not!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Even in the 1970s the building was a hairdressers, but the BBC set dressers did such a good job that at least one passer-by walked in to find themselves in a salon!
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	oah.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	260487

Did a grab from Google Maps to show how the shop looked recently.

Comment

A heads up, the special is on Boxing Day at 7.45pm

Comment

Originally posted by EdKorho View Post
                        A heads up, the special is on Boxing Day at 7.45pm
                        And only for half an hour

Comment

Not impressed. A lot of old gag lines from many early episodes painfully rewritten then piled on top of each other.

Comment

Maybe thats why it was only a one off,the only thing funny was when the labrardor came into the shop with the basket,then left with some goodies

Comment

I really enjoyed it, very true to the original and as a one off I think it worked really well, it was good to see many of the original characters in it.
                              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                              X