Name:	Turog 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	264283 Click image for larger version

Name:	Turog 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	264284

When I was growing up it seemed to me that every corner shop had a gold "Turog Bread" sign on it. I suspect that these signs were left over from a previous time as I never actually saw the bread itself for sale. I believe it is still made in Wales. Does anybody remember seeing the bread or even remember the gold signs?
    Last edited by Cooldeepblue; 09-12-2013, 19:22.

Re: Turog

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3917[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3918[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3919[/ATTACH]

When I was growing up it seemed to me that every corner shop had a gold "Turog Bread" sign on it. I suspect that these signs were left over from a previous time as I never actually saw the bread itself for sale. I believe it is still made in Wales. Does anybody remember seeing the bread or even remember the gold signs?
    There's still one or two of these signs up in the town where i live, guess they were old shops or bakeries? Being only 42 i cant remember the bread, but it must have been common in the North of England, cause you still readily see the signs....must have been made out of gold to last so long!!

Comment

Re: Turog

My dad worked for Spillers in the late 60s and 70s and his job was to travel all over NW England putting the Turog signs up. I'm sure he said the signs were gold leaf! They stopped making it in the mid 70s and he always blamed the common market!

Comment

Working...
      X