Christmas gift stickers like stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas gift stickers like stamps

Just bought myself a roll of adhesive gift stickers and they reminded me of the gift stickers that my nanna used to get. They came in a big sheet, all different sizes with perforations between them and gummed backs just like stamps. I used to love them. They actually looked quite cheap and nasty and had an array of different Christmas scenes on them. Not sure where she got them from. Can anybody else remember these?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Christmas gift stickers like stamps

Yep, I remember them well tricky.
    We had them every year, but they are one of those things than vanish & you don't really notice until some point later in life.
    My decorations & tree are very tasteful these days, but next year I might hunt down lots of retro styled decorations & stuff.
    There are certain old decorations in my mind that I have incredibly fond memories of, but my parents binned them years ago.

Comment

I remember my parents had lots of glitsy decorations like tinsel in the 1980s, which were mostly binned when fashions changed.

With my Mum there never seemed to by any rhyme & reason to what was kept, put to one side or chucked out.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think what your Nan may have had were from The spastic society. My mum used to get them every year and attach them to our gifts. As children we never really understood the implications of these stamps and would laugh and call each other spacks, cruel I know but we were kids. Best example I could find:
        Attached Files

Comment

I can remember them. Some were charity stamps sold by the sheet. Just wondering if my primary school used to sell them to raise money near Christmas for charity. I also remember mum buying them from a newsagents in packs of five sheets or so.

Comment

Working...
          X