Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 80's songs you never hear on the radio these days

Originally posted by branny View Post
    Almost anything by Talking Heads except Once in a lifetime or Road to nowhere.

Almost anything by Omd except Enola gay.
    Occasionally you get to hear Psycho Killer or Souvenir if you are lucky.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      Occasionally you get to hear Psycho Killer or Souvenir if you are lucky.
      I've also heard "And She Was" by Talking Heads, and "Messages", "Loco-motion", "Talking Loud and Clear" by OMD fairly recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
        I've also heard "And She Was" by Talking Heads, and "Messages", "Loco-motion", "Talking Loud and Clear" by OMD fairly recently.
        Bur apart from that.... It's turning into "What have the Romans ever done for us?" lol.

I need to listen to the radio more.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
          Bur apart from that.... It's turning into "What have the Romans ever done for us?" lol.

I need to listen to the radio more.
          What she said was it was too much full monty, not enough python...

Comment

You Never Hear Samantha Fox's Songs Anymore,shame really as i loved her voice .
            here is one of my favourites.
            https://youtu.be/Ow8rsycBQ54

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Have there been any 1980s Eurovision songs played on the radio? - the equivalent of Abba's Waterloo from 1974? I am certain that the closest is on Gold's Number Ones at One when they occasionally play Bucks Fizz's Making Your Mind Up.

Probably too obscure, apart from when Eurovision is on, that is.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
                You Never Hear Samantha Fox's Songs Anymore,shame really as i loved her voice .
                here is one of my favourites.
                https://youtu.be/Ow8rsycBQ54
                She had two big hits (or something that rhymes with "hits" anyway...)
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  Have there been any 1980s Eurovision songs played on the radio? - the equivalent of Abba's Waterloo from 1974? I am certain that the closest is on Gold's Number Ones at One when they occasionally play Bucks Fizz's Making Your Mind Up.
                  "What's Another Year?" by Johnny Logan would be worth playing again.

Comment

Logan's 1987 winner Hold Me Now would be a good one as well.

The problem is that in his 1980 hit, the lyrics sound as if he is promoting The Samaritans or something: "I've been crying for such a long time" etc - I know that a Sunday morning programme that just played number one hits used to play it now and again. Compare that with the Bucks Fizz hit from a year later which gives the opposite feel of life.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Logan's 1987 winner Hold Me Now would be a good one as well.

The problem is that in his 1980 hit, the lyrics sound as if he is promoting The Samaritans or something: "I've been crying for such a long time" etc - I know that a Sunday morning programme that just played number one hits used to play it now and again. Compare that with the Bucks Fizz hit from a year later which gives the opposite feel of life.
                      Wasn't there a third song that he wrote but someone else sang? I'm thinking Niamh Kavanagh, perhaps? (I could easily look it up but trying to remember is more fun!)

Comment

Wasn't there a third song that he wrote but someone else sang? I'm thinking Niamh Kavanagh, perhaps? (I could easily look it up but trying to remember is more fun!)
                        I think there was, but I cannot remember what it was called.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

"What's Another Year?" by Johnny Logan would be worth playing again.
                          Appropriately enough for the day of the ESC, Pick of the Pops had the 1980 chart last Saturday and Logan was number one with What's Another Year.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Isn't it annoying when one gets the earworm of a tune from a certain year but cannot find who sung the damn thing or what the title was? Back in the 1980s I found a C90 with a Sunday Top 30 on it from 1984, and one of those songs were played. I even searched via the Everyhit and the Official Charts website, spending some hours searching for song titles on YouTube and playing them. I keep thinking "does it sound like him?" or what it could have been called.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Isn't it annoying when one gets the earworm of a tune from a certain year but cannot find who sung the damn thing or what the title was? Back in the 1980s I found a C90 with a Sunday Top 30 on it from 1984, and one of those songs were played. I even searched via the Everyhit and the Official Charts website, spending some hours searching for song titles on YouTube and playing them. I keep thinking "does it sound like him?" or what it could have been called.
                              I was like that with Dolce Vita by Ryan Paris for years. I assumed it was by Howard Jones or one of the other keyboard wizards of the 1980s.

Luckily the Top Of The Pops repeats on BBC4 featured a performance.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Can you imagine asking for a request for a song on a radio station, and not knowing what it is called or who sung it? "I think it goes like this..." and hums the tune, sounding rather like someone who is a slice short of a loaf.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X