My best football boots.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My best football boots.....

I'm sure that guys of a certain age can remember their first/best football boots.
    My first decent pair were Puma Ranger but I remember fondly a pair of Patrick 20:20 with a huge tongue with a red underneath
    can anyone else remember Puma 444 as worn by Alan "sniffer"Clarke or have I imagined them????

Re: My best football boots.....

Originally posted by Cheadlevilla View Post
    I'm sure that guys of a certain age can remember their first/best football boots.
    My first decent pair were Puma Ranger but I remember fondly a pair of Patrick 20:20 with a huge tongue with a red underneath
    can anyone else remember Puma 444 as worn by Alan "sniffer"Clarke or have I imagined them????
    Hi Cheadlevilla,
    I wasn't really good enough for the School team but on the few occasions I played Footy in PE or with friends it was either Predators or Puma Kings I choose. Both meant equaly as much t(in their own ways), though if you was not Sportingly Gifted/Talented like I wasn't - it did'nt really matter Football (or even Rugby Boot wise) regards what people thought of you I found. Though if I had to pick from any/select any from back in the day - it would be these 2 brands/makes of Boots without any doubts

80saChav

Comment

Puma King endorsed by Kenny Dalglish were immense

Comment

My best pair were Adidas Franz Beckenbauer's

Comment

Originally posted by Irongron View Post
          Puma King endorsed by Kenny Dalglish were immense
          You have great taste in Boots here I think Irongron. Puma Kings really where amazing Boots for their generation I think (as was all the Puma King range of clothes) that was marketed at the time with them. After Predators which cost just so so much to afford them, Puma Kings where the best-est next ones no doubts I feel/think

Comment

Originally posted by Cheadlevilla View Post
            R=These sound awesone OP - not as I can recall/remember them!

The question is though - like Trainer Lacing, did you have a "Special Way" to knot your Boots?? All Clubs and Teams I was involved with took ages and pride in getting that knotting exact before games in the Changing Room - especialy for Cup and Important Games!

80Schav

Comment

I don't remember the brand but the boots I had for rugby (high ankle jobs) were uncomfy as hell, didn't help that I had an ingrowing toenail for a good part of the 4th year (made rugby matches painful if i got stomped on the boot.

Comment

As I say Mulletino I think mine might have been Puma Kings (possibly)!!, though i'm unsure .... but I loved all that "Puma King Range" back in the day too mind

Regardless if you was on the Team at School and particulary College/University - the better the Boots the more respect you got I found (good player or average tbh). When I look in like 442 now 9an English Footy Mag - duno if you know it mate) and see how "pricey" that some Boots are at £200 I can see why this is so - what I mention/describe above!

80sChav

Comment

I used to assume that football boots weren't too different from the average pair of trainers.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                  X