Wigams, pedal cars, bendy toys too...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigams, pedal cars, bendy toys too...

Wigwams, pedal cars, and bendy toys too, and more.....

I had a wigwam as a kid, for playing cowboys and indians with that was kool, and a metal pedalcar, with opening doors, bonnet, and boot, lasted me for bout tens years and was kinda like a go-kart I guess, was was nicely made, blue and white in colour, like an Amercian classic. I had a bendy Popeye doll mad eof rubber, that you could bend this way and that, but eventually it persished and fell apart, and that I pulled it too pieces over the years. And a tin tugboat that you wound up, guess this was like the wind up robots, I think had one of them too, but don't recall. Toy forts, castles whats happend to those, kids today certainly lose out, we had all the more better toys and imagination back then.
    Last edited by Oggy; 04-12-2006, 19:39.

I had a wigwam too, three bamboo poles and a printed cloth allowing entry to fantasyland!
    I also had a metal pedalcar in blue and white, it had working lights and opening boot and bonnet (white plastic engine as well).....oh and a working horn as well!
    Dean.

Comment

My brother had a pedalcar and a wigwam - can't remember the bendy toys - unless that includes him bending the arms and legs off my sindy dolls, which he did with great pleasure lol

Comment

All those cattle sheds that are unused in summer were our gang huts where we'd bring sweets, comics, lemonade, etc. Never had a wigwam as our sympathies lay with the cowboys ( that's changed, I promise !)
        Had anyone Stretch Armstrong with the elasticated body ?
        Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
          I had a wigwam too, three bamboo poles and a printed cloth allowing entry to fantasyland!
          I also had a metal pedalcar in blue and white, it had working lights and opening boot and bonnet (white plastic engine as well).....oh and a working horn as well!
          Dean.
          Omg sounds like we had more or less the same toys!

Comment

How about dressing up stuff too, I had a Joe 90 outfit complete with glasses, and a cowboy suit too. The bendy toys came usually as TV/fil characters mine as I say was Popeye, like rubber too, and perished after so long, saying that years later I had one of the first Stretch Armstrongs and got bored of him as he lay around he eventualy begant o leak a gooey gree substance,yucky!

Comment

Working...
            X