• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your most disappointing toy

Originally posted by culnara View Post
    not a disappointing toy, but a very disappointing ending
    Long long ago, when remote controlled vehicles were just a dream,
    I got a helicopter one year, you had to wrap a cord around one bit and pull it sharply for it to take off

This thing was Fookin amazing!!!

Well on it's maiden flight it was.............. till it smashed into the ground and snapped one of the blades off

it couldn't be repaired so that was the end of that
    I remember one of my friends had a helicopter like that, it was launched from a hand held base that drove the blades.

It was fun, & could go a distance, but the blades had a habit of coming loose & flying while in mid flight.

Eventually the spring in the base snapped & it was impossible to launch!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I pestered my Mum for a Transformer - the one that turned into a Porsche. I got bored with it very soon after.

Comment

I got a skate board by having half pocket money for weeks until it was paid for.

I found it hard to control, even after practicing for weeks, & after falling off I hardly used it again, which didn't impress my parents!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
          Mr Frosty
          My worst hands down
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I remember one of my friends had a helicopter like that, it was launched from a hand held base that drove the blades.

It was fun, & could go a distance, but the blades had a habit of coming loose & flying while in mid flight.

Eventually the spring in the base snapped & it was impossible to launch!

Yep, that sounds the same, had a hand held base and you pulled a rip cord for the rotors.... cant remember if there was a button ti release it... and Yes.. it went for miles
            before crashing
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
              I pestered my Mum for a Transformer - the one that turned into a Porsche. I got bored with it very soon after.
              you mean Jazz - I am so sad that I know that
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Flight deck- which looked great on the adverts but the enjoyment was very short lived.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_xwDaXzb1M

Comment

My most disappointing toy was "Hats Off" a game in which you had to launch coloured plastic cones with ball bearing in their nose into a coloured grid. This would be around 1975. Anyone heard of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                    Mouse trap - what a massive let down - simply never worked like it did in the advert
                    Agreed. I borrowed it from a cousin once, and had the same experience.

Comment

lol yea i brought the new one for daughter one xmas same thing the cage trap never works or it goes off on its own

Originally posted by wickerman View Post
                      Agreed. I borrowed it from a cousin once, and had the same experience.
                      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

My Mousetrap set seemed to work 9 times out of 10, & the rules do allow for malfunctions.

Comment

I agree on Mousetrap

Off the top of my head, mine was the "Cupcake" dolls. They were dolls with a big wide hat that looked like cupcake topping, and a rubbery skirt you could flip up to be the "sides" of the cupcake ... so, they could alternately be a cupcake or a doll. You can see some of them here: http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/cupcakes.htm They were disappointing because they were heavily perfumed and the scent lasted for a LONG time and my oversensitive sinuses couldn't take it, I could not play with them without a sneezing fit!

Comment

I remember Hat's Off. My brother had it. My kids used to love playing it when they visited Nan & Grandad.
                            "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Not so much a specific toy I regularly got toys that didn't work or parts didn't. Tha scalextrix with the broken transformer, the Simon that didn't work, the CB radio with the wrong transformer, the steer and go that would only work in reverse, even the Frustration pop o matic that didn't "pop". Christmas for me was really 27th December when the damaged toys had been replaced with working models.

Comment

I had a few toys over the years that needed replacing due to problems, though my parents did get into the habit of checking things before wrapping them up.

This could cause problems as well, as my parents left a radio controlled car in it's box with the batteries in & didn't notice they had left it switch on.

Somehow it managed to pick up a signal, & were woken up by a loud whirring noise that somehow the rest of the house didn't hear.
                                Last edited by Richard1978; 16-05-2014, 12:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X