Your most disappointing toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most disappointing toy

You waited all year for it.....you had to wait until after the queen's speech to open it, and then by bed time you realised it was rubbish.

Mine was Super Striker. If you don't remember it, it was a football game that you pressed the man's head down to make Him kick. No great skill..you just kicked it as hard as you could and a goal was guaranteed. Boring as.

Any more?

Re: Your most disappointing toy

I really wanted Stretch Monster...... and got stretch armstrong instead
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Gutting

That reminds me of all the times I got the woollies equivalent of some major toy. Deeply embarrassing when all your mates got the real thing

Comment

I wanted the Playskool Bigfoot monster truck. Instead I got the Woolies' equivalent- the Lanard Mean Machine, which was snot-green and had gold wheels. Yuck.

Comment

I feel your pain, brother

Comment

it seems your parents got the two mixed up and got you the wrong one
            this is what u wanted http://www.stretcharmstrongworld.com...62_370x280.jpg

this is what u got http://www.stretcharmstrongworld.com...48_500x375.jpg

Originally posted by culnara View Post
            I really wanted Stretch Monster...... and got stretch armstrong instead
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              it seems your parents got the two mixed up and got you the wrong one
              this is what u wanted http://www.stretcharmstrongworld.com...62_370x280.jpg

this is what u got http://www.stretcharmstrongworld.com...48_500x375.jpg

LOL darren, I'm afraid there was no confusion as to what I wanted ( I remember asking my dad years later why he got the wrong one? ) his explanation was accepted
              just like nowadays with the high demand of PS4's and XBOX 1's you gotta pre-order em or be very quick
              there was a high demand that year for the stretch monster, when my folks went down to buy one, there was none left I have been scarred ever since LOL

Comment

Blow Up Battleship was a let down, especially as the co-ordinates were reversed between players, & the ship pieces didn't lift up very well even when it was a hit.

I remember asking for a toy & not getting it as my parents bought it only for it to fail their quality test. It was a jeep which came with a racing car on a trailer. A motor looking like a big block V8 could be swapped between the 2.

My parents couldn't get it to work, so instead I got a battery powered jeep with a winch on the front. This was quite some fun, if a little weak plasticwise.

Eventually one of my cousins kept pulling along by the winch string & it never worked so well afterwards, & when to a school jumble sale.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mr Frosty
                  Heather

Comment

Mouse trap - what a massive let down - simply never worked like it did in the advert
                    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

i don't think i was ever disappointed with any toys i got, i usually got something i was into so i was always grateful, i was only disappointed when i didn't get the Ghostbuster's Fire House or the Turtle's Sewer.

Comment

Got a Hornby Train set, 1977, the express mail train edition....was meant to collect the mail bags off a peg at one side of the track and then chuck em in a bin at the other. Very delicate components and not at all suitable for heavy handed Glasweigan schoolboys, fell apart in a matter of weeks and probably only worked properly a couple of times, although it was pretty impressive during its short life. Took the whole set to the dump in 2012, hadn't worked in decades.

Comment

I remember seeing that set in some of the catalouges.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wanted a Scalextric but got a "Minic Highway" set instead. Wasn't quite Formula 1 trying to race a double-decker against a coach.

Comment

not a disappointing toy, but a very disappointing ending
                              Long long ago, when remote controlled vehicles were just a dream,
                              I got a helicopter one year, you had to wrap a cord around one bit and pull it sharply for it to take off

This thing was Fookin amazing!!!

Well on it's maiden flight it was.............. till it smashed into the ground and snapped one of the blades off

it couldn't be repaired so that was the end of that

Comment

Working...
                              X