Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commando style science fiction comic with alien mass spreading out to cover Britain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commando style science fiction comic with alien mass spreading out to cover Britain??

Hi, perhaps somebody could please help me to identify a comic from maybe the later 70s.

They seemed to be a shorter run of science fiction comics similar in size and format to Commando comics.
    In one of them some kind of alien spores were unknowingly germinated in a bakery, somewhere in Britain.
    The resulting alien life form grew and grew in size, like white ooze, until it covered vast areas of countryside,
    and at last it was defeated in some way, by cold?

Any help would be gratefully accepted. Searching Google on the above terms hasn't been very rewarding.

Cheers!

Re: Commando style science fiction comic with alien mass spreading out to cover Brita

Starblazer??

http://www.britishcomics.20m.com/starpics.htm

Comment

Re: Commando style science fiction comic with alien mass spreading out to cover Brita

Yes, I thought of them, but not by the look of the covers. The comics I'm thinking of had a kind
      of domestic, home grown feel, very down to earth, even in spite of their science fiction, alien
      invasion themes.

Comment

Originally posted by Moxytop View Post
        Hi, perhaps somebody could please help me to identify a comic from maybe the later 70s.

They seemed to be a shorter run of science fiction comics similar in size and format to Commando comics.
        In one of them some kind of alien spores were unknowingly germinated in a bakery, somewhere in Britain.
        The resulting alien life form grew and grew in size, like white ooze, until it covered vast areas of countryside,
        and at last it was defeated in some way, by cold?

Any help would be gratefully accepted. Searching Google on the above terms hasn't been very rewarding.

Cheers!
        I believe you are after a Jet Ace Logan story called 'Sea of Satan' - that tallies with the British bakery being responsible for all the problems anyway!

I have a scan of the whole story I downloaded from somewhere or other, but I expect it would probably be against the rules to give you a direct link to it. Here's what made me think this might be it anyway:

Click image for larger version

Name:	JetAce_438_07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	260504

If this looks like the one you remember, I can email you a link or something.

Comment

That surely looks like it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
          OMG, I'm in nostalgia overload at the moment!!
          I'm on to it right now and the others in the series as well.
          THANKS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moxytop View Post
            That surely looks like it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
            OMG, I'm in nostalgia overload at the moment!!
            I'm on to it right now and the others in the series as well.
            THANKS!!!!
            Glad to help!

Comment

Working...
            X