George Hamilton IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Hamilton IV

Not to be confused with the tangerine-hued veteran actor, this George Hamilton used to pop up on various TV shows singing folksy songs with a guitar. For some reason he always stuck in my mind as when I was little I thought he had triangle shaped eyes (? - I can't really see this now) and I thought it strange that he was called 'the forth'. First time I'd encountered this Americanism. Not sure what shows he was on, maybe Sunday churchy things or Val Doonican-esque things.
    1976 Vintage

Re: George Hamilton IV

I remember the George Hamilton IV Show very well indeed. Used to be on ITV more or less the last thing at night before 12.30 closedown. I thought it was awful but as it was the only programme on it used to get the odd viewer including myself. He used to introduce his backing band "North Country" as the best band in the world !! Never heard of them before or since, and his guest "star" EVERY week was some average singer called Cathy something or other. According to Wiki he is still up and running, so if you are really lucky you might get to see him in concert !!!

Comment

His guest "star" EVERY week was Cathy something or other. Never heard of her before or since so the presumably the word "star" was being used in it's broadest sense lol.
      Last edited by Cooldeepblue; 16-02-2014, 14:55.

Comment

His guest star could have been Catherine Howe, who had two popular singles in the mid-1970s (popular in that they had a lot of air play), Harry and Until The Morning Comes. But they never charted and I haven't heard of her since.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRayner View Post
          His guest star could have been Catherine Howe, who had two popular singles in the mid-1970s (popular in that they had a lot of air play), Harry and Until The Morning Comes. But they never charted and I haven't heard of her since.
          Just done a quick bit of Googling and it was Cathy Stewart.

Comment

Working...
          X